Do i disclose a ticket to company?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by NovaTk54, Jun 15, 2022.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Insurance companies can see a database that virtually records every time you had an impure thought. But if you honestly answer THE QUESTION THAT IS ASKED, not the question you want to answer or the question someone might ask, or something else, you will be honest and correct.

ANSWER THE QUESTION THAT IS ASKED. READ EACH WORD SLOWLY. ANSWER THE QUESTION THAT IS ASKED.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia

NOOOOOOOO! 391.25 is still on the book and running hot.

§ 391.25 Annual inquiry and review of driving record.
    (a) Except as provided in subpart G of this part, each motor carrier shall, at least once every 12 months, make an inquiry to obtain the motor vehicle record of each driver it employs, covering at least the preceding 12 months, to each driver's licensing authority where the driver held a commercial motor vehicle operator's license or permit during the time period.

(b) Except as provided in subpart G of this part, each motor carrier shall, at least once every 12 months, review the motor vehicle record of each driver it employs to determine whether that driver meets minimum requirements for safe driving or is disqualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle pursuant to § 391.15.

(1) The motor carrier must consider any evidence that the driver has violated any applicable Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations in this subchapter or Hazardous Materials Regulations (49 CFR chapter I, subchapter C).

(2) The motor carrier must consider the driver's accident record and any evidence that the driver has violated laws governing the operation of motor vehicles, and must give great weight to violations, such as speeding, reckless driving, and operating while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, that indicate that the driver has exhibited a disregard for the safety of the public.

(c) Recordkeeping.

(1) A copy of the motor vehicle record required by paragraph (a) of this section shall be maintained in the driver's qualification file.

(2) A note, including the name of the person who performed the review of the driving record required by paragraph (b) of this section and the date of such review, shall be maintained in the driver's qualification file.

4. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner

No need for the fear mongering here. Please move along smh

5. NovaTk54

NovaTk54 Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2022
    Just filled out the application at prime. Wish me luck!

6. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

See i agree with you alot of the time.

7. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Carrier is responsible. Driver no longer required to fill out violations form annually.
    Requirements to notify employers of ticket convictions still required.

8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Also another note. I see this as much adu about nothing. By that I mean one ticket won't matter to training companies.
    I say go ahead and list it. The reason is if they don't care or don't see it via other background checks no big deal. If they do see it and you didn't list it, well they might call for an explanation or they might toss the app.

In a nutshell there is zero downside to listing it, and a slight chance of a downside if you don't list it. Might as well.
    If you want to make sure, call and ask (from a friend's phone if you are paranoid) and see if that specific charge is disqualifying or not.

9. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Yes, I took some time last night to go over the Federal Register and looked over those changes. I actually am glad they did this. If you look over the rule changes since 2014 you see where the FMCSA is placing more and more info on the CDLIS. Makes things easier on the carriers. However, I still think @ZVar nailed it above.

Another Canadian driver and ZVar Thank this.
  10. tscottme

There is a Prime Tanker driver with a YouTube channel. His name is John Ogren. If you have any interest in tanker at Prime you really need to watch his videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnOgren

I beg you to go all the way back to his first videos, or any of his past videos to gain the information he has put into them. His videos are pretty direct and helpful. I only say this because I have noticed that people trying to get info from YT videos, like most people anywhere else, ask the same few questions. However, for YT fans they want the creator to make a new video to answer the same question each time it is asked. The process of making YT videos can be quite involved where asking a question is usually brief. There is lots of info that may help you, if you really want to be helped please be willing to watch a video that might be a few months, or even a few years, old. Lots of the company specific and division specific (tanker) info doesn't go out of date very fast.

A few of the highlights I picked up from John Ogren, 1) Prime's tanker division is TINY compared to the rest of the company. 2) Much of their Tanker division is dedicated, meaning it serves a specific customer at one location and the few other locations you might need to visit to serve the dedicated customer. 3) Prime doesn't do very much OTR Tanker, there may be some. 4) Because tanker division is so small it's pretty difficult to get a tanker trainer. That leads to either prolonged delay waiting for a tanker trainer to become available or deciding to be trained as a reefer or flatbed driver and hope to eventually transfer into tanker division.

Ogren is a real goldmine of info on Prime.

11. tscottme

I've recently used a free online phone service called PopTox.com. The OP can make a phone call to Prime using it, or another service, with no fear the Caller ID will disclose his real phone number.

Another Canadian driver and ZVar Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.