Do I have a chance anywhere?

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by Ineedhelpnow, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BubbaTrucker

BubbaTrucker "Iam Hanging in there"

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    too many orientations in the past year .. is there something i dont know or forgot, how can a company know how many you been to in the past year or did they find out by him letting them know where he has been.... JB is easy to get into as long as your past employer's company is closed down and the only person who can verify you is on vacation. happened to me last week. Tomorrow I am in orientation with another company. We shall see how it goes. Ok its 945pm and orientation is tomorrow, i am heading to bed.

Bubba

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Strngs012

Strngs012 Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Palm Coast, Fl
    I'm just curious as to why you didn't go back to USX after you got a medical release? did they tell you not to come back or something?

4. witchwaywest

witchwaywest Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Monroe New York
    I am very sorry about your Dad and do commend you for being there for him.My wife died of cancer at an early age,38.I did stop driving for a few months to take care of her.My company was not happy about this but under federal law you are intitled to a leave of absence to care for a family member.Continue your search for a driving job.Many companies now have training programs and due to the lack of drivers are willing to hire.In regards to your medical condition,no company has rights to your medical history other than you passed or failed your DOT physical.There are some conditions that will disqualify you from driving but most can be treated by your MD and you are given a card less than 2 years until the problem has passed.Trucking is a tough job but a rewarding one.Good luck.

5. Ineedhelpnow

Ineedhelpnow Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Roanoke, VA
    The first time I went to USX was in October 2006, right after I graduated CDL school. Stupid me was 100% honest and put on the DOT medical form that 2 years ago an ER doctor told me I had a case of benign vertigo. (I had a tiny hair in my inner ear, he washed it out and no more dizziness) Anyway once they saw the form I was told to go home, see a neurologist then come back. So that's what I did, I came home spent 300 bucks to see a neurologist and got the medical release. I did as instructed and faxed it to my recruiter. I waited to hear back from him. When I did he said everything was good now to come back to Tunnel Hill. So for the second time I packed the car and went to GA.

I get there, everything goes so fine until the third day. Then I'm called into their orientation office and I'm told "you're going to need a medical release" I said "I'm aware of this I've already faxed it to my recruiter" "Ok, I'll check with him" An hour later I'm called back in "Your recruiter said he never received one" (I thought to myself then why in the hell am I sitting here) Anyway...I said back "well ok i brought it with me" So I give it to the not so nice lady and go back in the classroom.

A couple hours pass and I hear nothing, so I'm thinking no news is good news, right? HA Towards the end of the day when they start handing out red hats to everyone else I'm called in the office AGAIN! I'm told the medical release I have isn't sufficient. My medical release reads "no signs or symptoms of vertigo" (EXACTLY what they told me it needed to say the first time I was there) Now I'm being told it needs to say "can work with no restrictions" EEEERRRRR I'm getting ticked, but still I have hope!

I call the doctor office explain the situation, and explain that my job is on the line and ask could they please fax another release to USX right away. They said they could fax one, but not right away. It's going to take at least a week to have it "processed" WTF ever! I told USX what the dr said they said that would be fine HOWEVER they would only pay for one more night at the hotel. Now, not having worked the past few weeks and paying a huge doctor bill my cash at the time was VERY limited. I saw where I had no choice but to leave again.

About 2 weeks after I get home I get in the mail another medical release from my doctor. It seems they mailed it to me instead of faxing it. Some people say "why not go back to USX" my response: I've already went and wasted my time twice. It's a 6 hour drive, I don't want to do it again. Of course as desperate as I've become, maybe the third time will be the charm. I don't know...it's been a year now since the last time I left USX.

Anyway, I think someone else asked how companies knew about the orientations I had went to. well I didn't tell em! lol It seems if when you go to a company orientation the put in on your DAC

OH! And thanks to EVERYONE for all the awesome replies!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.