Do I need a NY HUT sticker?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Atlanticus trucking, Sep 25, 2018.

1. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    They issue a new series every 3 or 4 years.
    You don't have to have the decal on the truck. I put it on anyway, as ugly as it is. If it isn't on there that may be a reason for them to harass me a bit more so I have made peace with it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    We have them on all our trucks. Even the non-cdl box from Penske that doesn't need an IFTA still needs a HUT decal.

When I came on here [8yrs ago] they had 'skipped' a series and as I got our IFTA on track, NY sent a bunch of HUT forms because the saw the NY miles reported on the IFTA. It included a bill for all those miles at 80,000# pricing when a good portion is our three box trucks doing JFK air freight pickups and Manhattan street deliveries.

I re-calculated everything according to the empty weight method [easiest and cheapest way] and I reduced a $1200.00 bill down to a little over $400.00. Had to catch up before I could purchase the current HUT series.

After the last go-around with the Feds in court, NY reduced the price of the HUT sticker a lot. Had one that was peeling off and got written up on a roadside [only violation found] so I went online and ordered a replacement.

The current series [orange sticker] expires this December and I just got an e-mail about renewing and this series is $1.50 a unit...

Last quarter we had 16,493 taxable miles and it cost $620.02 and fully half of our 14 units do not leave New Jersey

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    HUT was something for NYS and frankly they can have it.

Sounds like a yes for you.

As far as I am concerned I don't run past the PA Line into NYS or New england. There isnt anything attracting me anymore for a million dollars. I still wont go. Ive been. And am sick of it. I miss the maple syrup and a couple of other goodies through. But we have those here in the south now too. Even if it's 10 dollars a dallop.

5. 401-Alex

401-Alex Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Go to the Oscar website it has Q&A hut sticker is 1.50

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.