Do I need manual endorsement on my cdl A?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Allilang, Aug 28, 2022.

1. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Its going to be a long time before certain sectors go automatic. Local or regional heavy haul jobs are not likely to have more than one or two autos in the fleet as equipment tends to last much longer and the culture there is still pretty heavily anti automatic . I am not saying an 18 speed beats an automatic but everyone I know in the industry certainly thinks that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2Tap

2Tap Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2022
    Southern Wisconsin
    Mentions 6 speed autos being better, aren't most new vehicles 6 speeds? Just went back and checked the date of the article 2015 :/
    Also doesn't mention manuals versus cvt's.

I was going to restart my subscription anyways, thinking about getting my wife a Subaru Ascent for Christmas this year. We don't pull anything but still the thought of a turbo charged 4banger (boxer, tried true and tested) unnerves me in a 7 passenger sport ute. Will deep dive that data hole when time allows.

I love consumer reports, as about unbiased as you can possibly get now days. Their subscription automobile spinoff app is DEFINITELY worth perusing before purchasing a new car. If you can read into trends and data that is.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.