do I need to go to school for hazmat or no???

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by jesus1337, May 22, 2024.

1. jesus1337

jesus1337 Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2023
    Do I need to obtain a certification to be able to test for hazmat at dmv or I can just go take the test at the dmv? like the other test I am in Texas. Any employers that pay for my finger printing for hazmat in south texas

Last edited: May 22, 2024
    austinmike Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    I'm in the process of adding hazmat to my license. I had to complete the ELDT training as if I were a brand new rookie. I went online, started the video, left it play while I did other things, and passed the test with a 97%. My next step is to go back to the DMV and take another test. (I'm in Pennsylvania)

austinmike Thanks this.
  4. jesus1337

jesus1337 Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2023
    I don't think your required to take any course if you had your cdl before 2022 for hazmat. My eldt training is online I just got to take the test at the dmv

austinmike Thanks this.
  5. Anywhichwaybutloose

Anywhichwaybutloose Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2017
    If you never had hazmat before, you will have to take a hazmat course.

6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

7. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Here's the list to the FMCSA Training Provider Registry. You can search by state and some providers are online. If a provider isn't on the FMCSA's Training Provider Registry, don't use them. The FMCSA may not accept your training.

Training Provider Registry

8. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    Yeah the clown at PennDot told me I needed the ELDT training for hazmat, even with over 20 years holding a class A CDL. Said I couldn't proceed any further until that was done. He gave me everything needed to find a training provider and sent me on my way. I did the course online the next day, now I'm just looking for time to get back to PennDot to do their test

I guess the look on my face spoke volumes. He looked around and bent down a bit and lowered his voice. "I think it's ######## too".

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.