Do me a favor!!!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by jdr1989, Jan 14, 2020.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The Grannys on the trucks today electronically limiting to 61, 63, 65, etc are the ghosts of the Old Split Speed Limits Past when speeds between semis and cars were seperated as much as 15 mph on the interstate.

In the end it did not matter we have upwards of 85 mph posted speeds with Arkansas going formally to 75 on interstate and 65 for two lane rural roads. Thats for cars only, there are other speed posted for trucks at that point.

If there is one regulation at all, there needs to be one that requires ALL USA Based trucks to be capable of meeting a posted highest speed anywhere in the USA which I think as of this post is 85 in Texas on what happens to be a pretty fast toll road. We area already at 85 give or take on whats going to be the future I-57 as the highway is replaced and brought to code. To Replace the failed and crumbling 1962's US Highway construction code.

Ribeye, Coffey and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    That's the favor? I thought maybe they'd like $100,000 to start a trucking company,,,:biggrin_25526:

Ribeye, D.Tibbitt, buddyd157 and 3 others Thank this.
  4. MidwestGator

MidwestGator Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2020
    I don’t think OP is talking about meeting the limit. I think what he’s saying is unless passing, stay in the far right. Two trucks right next to each other going the limit makes it difficult for trucks not gov’d to pass when the 4wheels are all in the left lane.

My personal opinion, I fully agree. And a tip, unless I see a high risk carrier that’s on our little list, I always pick trucks from the middle lane to do my lvl 1 inspections on.

5. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The middle lane is going to be a very difficult place to pick trucks out of . Thats why I like to run them middle lanes if I had enough horsies in a ungoverned truck to stay in that realm without holding everyone up.

6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    One more thing.

This ad is BS. I smelled the burning already when they finally reached the need to swear on ads. "Holy Hokum" and using old Germanic Blood type interactive propaganda on how EASY it is to unload after you have marched all night and so on by the hands, blood and so forth. You are reaching back towards the 1930's era BS here.

And They only pick iceboxes of humans to do this work. I once interviewed for hauling Pizza Dough, now if you know anything about handmade pizza dough frozen the previous night, every night, 49500 a time in the DC area to unload everyday in 10 stops while trying to maintain temperature on the product which means work fast. Or be personally responsible for the damage.

The interview day could not be more simpler than it was that day long ago for us. I was about 146 pounds, 24 close to 6 feet but still growing. Not that much, I quit at about 26 and 6 foot one inch at 159 or so. I was extremely fit in those days. I had to be.

A explaination shows that during interview day there was about 60 of us, there were 4 or so of us in my weight class to use a bad anaology from sports. All of us were eliminated. The next smallest human to us were on the order of 6'4" and pushing 260 Muscle also mid 20's And that was for the next smallest near to me before you got towards the more obese side into the 40's who were still throwing boxes (Plural as in more than one, 180 pounds a toss) I have done 180 a move but after the 10th or so my vision is gone, the world is faint and grey and I sway on rubber legs. Boy did they laugh and point. But at the same time I earned my repect kinda from the big boys. One told me to take off and stay out of this kind of employer in a nice way, bought me lunch. I know they can be rude in DC area but that was the best thing that ever happened that day. least they can do is say thank you. HA...

Even my doctors today fairly recently can tell at one point that the evidence as presented by the body itself showed a lifetime of extreme work compared to 90% of their patient base histories. And some of the pains I dont consider pain are relatively disabling to those who actually are in a position to feel that same pain which is pernament. Two years ago while enduring pre-hip replacement pain that finally taught me that you only pass out when you hit your limit and you wake back up and get back to what you were doing. After that kind and level of pains all other chronic pain simply quit hurting.

Its been narrowed down quite a bit. And proven in imaging scans that yes the #### thng does hurt. But no you wont hear it from me. However FLACC's chart that is based on involuntary patient reactions to certain pain that are more important than your normal ow pain is medically relevant as hell. My clinic has made some life changing changes in medicine and introduced new ones. I would be the last person to believe in this stuff and they test me in a hostile manner to be sure that I don't take THC medically or recreationally. If they found it in me in three weeks time then the seller of that CBD seriously screwed up bad. We all go to jail at that point. So they understand their position. Don't make me buy THC stuff.

Another option would be to move to a different state to make everything currently specifically illegal here to be legal again overnight. Its something I am considering. It will take alot for me to leave Arkansas and that would be it that might just do it, if they insist on increasing enforcement rather than treatment of any medical patient who presents him or herself as legitmately sick for a totally different reason. (in my case new years day complaint of temp = Type A swine flu H1n1 to be exact confirmed via DNA swab in back of nose and blood samples. CDC was notified in my case specifcally.

I made absolutely sure not to say a #### thing about my recent history. Ran into a very good ER doc who remembered me from the bad old presurgery days last year. Nothing really needed to be said, just need medicines to fight the virus (Tami flu) a bottle of 5th of something for the burning fires to be put out and lots of rest. SO after all that poof fever gone in three days and I got body back in 10 days. Its been 14 days so far.

And from the database of drivers names that have to be listed in it as never refusing a drug test never a industry positive drug test (Flip that on it's ear when your positives include illegal drugs or smoking etc) And they hunt for like a thousand dollars worth of test in a molecular basis for enforcment also for early warning for organ failure etc.

What a life we live in.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  7. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Yeah. TX 130 is CRAZY with the heavy traffic in the Austin area and all the 62ers still trying to pass.

8. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I won’t tell anyone how to drive, but I will note that it’s just good manners not to clog up the passing lane, and when the sign says no trucks in the left lane, that means the middle lane is the passing lane. :cool:

Ribeye, rbrtwbstr, Woodys and 10 others Thank this.
  9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    [​IMG]

HoneyBadger67 Thanks this.
  10. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
  11. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    No you have to be going over the speed limit to be in Lane 2.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.