Do me a favor!!!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by jdr1989, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Nice to hear that the scales get to use personal opinions to decide who pays the states bills for that day.

tinytim, Opus, D.Tibbitt and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Doealex

Doealex Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Try to explain that to the officer who pulls you over for speeding. Or the insurance company if you get into an accident (even if it’s not your fault).:oops::rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    PE_T Thanks this.
  4. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    It’s my world, y’all are just living in it :)

Woodys, PE_T, D.Tibbitt and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Sir, I appreciate you participating in the forums. However, if you truly were a “safety officer”, you would know that in high traffic areas, especially with large differential speeds, the number one cause of traffic accidents is lane changes.

If safety were your ACTUAL priority, you would understand why trucks SHOULD BE in the second lane, because it avoids those lane changes around exits and entrances where the 4-wheeling public exercises it’s right to attempt suicide by truck by merging 5’ in front of semi trucks, at low speed.

The behavior of trucks is the correct, safe response to the failure of “safety officers” to enforce merging rules on the general public. If 4 wheelers were required to actually merge instead of playing chicken with 105K gross semi trucks, the right lane would be safe to use for semi trucks. Today, failed enforcement has made it unsafe to use.

6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    ^^^Well said. Enforcement is for $$, not safety.

PE_T, D.Tibbitt, DeereRunner97 and 5 others Thank this.
  7. tiddlytanker

tiddlytanker Light Load Member

May 4, 2017
    Minot, ND
    I ride the middle lane because whenever I try to use the right lane someone merges in at 15mph and I have to slam on my brakes. If 4 wheelers used the acceleration that god has given them I would use the right lane. You will just have to deal with me going the speed limit in the middle lane.

PE_T, Coffey, T.Rucker and 2 others Thank this.
  8. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    I think he may be talking about the 5 going north over Grapevine. Don't most trucks do 80 out in the left lane. If those pesky cars would just get out of the way. Got to pickup a load of loupes at Huron to deliver in Hunts Point tomorrow morning.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  9. Doealex

Doealex Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    More so in police states :cool:. The more enforcers on payroll, the more they have to collect. Hitler’s quote during WW2 “The war has to feed the war”.

10. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Merging trafic can be a problem, so can the 4 wheelers who will stay in the passing lane. then will run besides you. You slow trucks won't move to the slow lane on hills either.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  11. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.