Do NOT join Roehl if you are new to trucking

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by TruckerBrorer, Feb 28, 2017.

1. TruckerBrorer

TruckerBrorer Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2017
    Beware Non-CDL holders and newly licensed CDL holders who are looking into joining Roehl:

If you join and quit before you meet the obligated 150k miles for reasons of you going thru a divorce and you feel you need to stay off the road to avoid getting distracted (and possibly causing a fatal accident) with the expected seperation/divorce issues that usually occurs in a legal mess, if you do not pay back the $5k in a quick period, your debt to Roehl will skyrocket very quickly. What I mean is that after a couple months of not paying back $5k your debt will jump to $6,250. As time passes more and more you are looking at your debt taking huge jumps. I don't know anyone who can pay $5k back to someone in such little time. If I knew who can pay some thing like that I'd apply for that job rather working 80hrs+ a week for 30 plus cents a mile. Just wanted to share some in sight in case you're considering this company. Roehl is a good company but the rush to pay back debt (if you seriously have to leave for safety reasons) is just bs.

Tadakatsu and tucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    You signed a contract they will hold you too it. If you signed a contract for me I would hold you too it....

rexmanno and paul_4lp Thank this.
  4. TakinItEasy

TakinItEasy Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2012
    OKC, OK
    Could of took a leave of absence due to hardship maybe something under FMLA. Instead of out right quitting.

5. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    How do you keep from having to pay for the training?
    Do you have to stay for 1 year or for 150,000 miles?
    A year ain't bad

6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You need to be 100% committed once you sign that contract. Companies don't wanna hear any excuses and could care less.You signed a contract and they ecspect you to live up to your obligation till the end.You should have waited till your divorce was final and nothing holding you back before going to Roehl.I do however think them overcharging you is wrong but that's one of a million ways how companies make their profits.

JOHNQPUBLIC and AModelCat Thank this.
  7. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Why why WHY do people sign these contracts without reading them?

paul_4lp and Eeyore05 Thank this.
  8. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Even 5 minutes of online research and one can find the down sides of a trucking company. The OP was probably awestruck by all the dollar signs his recruiter told him about.

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Recruiters are good at selling their company only thing is the vets know there game the newbies find out the hard way unfortunately.

10. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    As stated above FMLA should apply in this situation if what op stated is 100% truthful. Second they cannot make you work 80+ hours a week as stated.

EzekelRAGE Thanks this.
  11. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Technically one can work 80+ hours a week. One can be on duty well past their 70. But one cannot legally drive after 70. However, in this business, being on duty after 70 is pretty rare for a company driver. So your point is taken.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.