Do women like truck drivers?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by NewNashGuy, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Sarge

Sarge Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    North Florida
    It's like my good friend the car salesman told me once.
    "There's a seat for every arse and an arse for every seat."

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010

It really just means living or having a good life. There was a TV show back in the 1950's (I believe) called "The Life of Riley," that starred William Bendix.

4. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Your showing your age. :yes2557::biggrin_25525:

5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Uh-huh. Me too. Funny show. And yet when William Bendix went over to TV, I could hardly stand to watch him. But the radio show was good.

6. zebcohobo

zebcohobo Vincent Van Gopher

Jul 19, 2010
    Redbank,SC
    Holy crap! Talk about showing your age! You remember when sitting around the radio was entertainment?! Like in that movie a christmas story when little Ralphie would race to hear Little Orphan Annie. :biggrin_25524:

blktop-bucanear Thanks this.
  7. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    Please don't tell my mom I'm a truck driver, she thinks I'm a piano player in a whorehouse.

Big Don, U4EA and blktop-bucanear Thank this.
  8. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Mine expected me dead or in prison by the time I was 18. I suppose it made sense. Most of my friends from those days are dead are incarcerated right now. So, seeing as I beat the odds, I could have just about any profession, and she'd be happy.
    But the girl I live with isn't my mom. She likes me (don't ask me what the hell's wrong with her; I can't explain it either), but hates my occupation. Well, might not mind it so much if it were a 9 to 5 deal, but hates it as is. She likes it even less after riding with me for a month. So, I had to prioritize - her, or the road. The road lost. I leave out of Sioux Falls tomorrow with my final load to Colorado. I'm not really as happy as I should be about it. I mean, I'm happy I won't be gone for three weeks or more at a time, but there's a lot of people I work with here who I'll miss.
    Anyhow, what I'm trying to say in not so many words.. my occupation wasn't what she based her decision on. And I'm glad about that. But I think if she would've known I'd have ended up doing this, perhaps she'd have been more hesitant, perhaps it would've caused her to see the idea of us being together as impractical.. I haven't really asked her.

blktop-bucanear Thanks this.
  9. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010

Yea, it seems like only yesterday......:biggrin_25524:

Speaking of yesterday. There used to be a radio station out of Chicago, I believe, that would air plays on the radio. At one time people would sit around and watch the radio listening to Jack Benny and others. The plays or stories that would air have been on in recent years. There are some newer ones, but some are from many years ago before TV or when TV was still in it's infancy.

10. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Are you from the chicagoland area G/man?

11. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010

No, I just listen to that particular station once in a while when I can get it. They used to have a strong signal and you could pick it up in different parts of the country. I think there was also one in Cincinnati and St. Louis who also aired those programs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.