Do you guys lay around all winter when the roads get bad?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Thatonenewguy, Jun 25, 2017.

1. I was debating on the upstairs maid I was even thinking of changing trucks like @wore out since we have all this money and time, not running in winter.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kenworth 4life

Kenworth 4life Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Augusta, Maine
    Well I made so much last summer I bought a truck for every day of the week except Sunday, I have a maid that follows me in the limo and cleans the truck while I'm dining in my mobile restaurant.

4. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    Haha, down here in Mississlippy they can predict a Chance of 1/4 inch of snow and people will wipe out the bread and milk aisle's. It cracks me up!!!

noluck and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    And add to that the way people drive. It's always one extreme or the other. You have the "I can go anywhere anytime at any speed because I have 4WD/AWD" types, and the ones who are scared to drive more than 10 mph on bare pavement. :rolleyes:

6. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    In the hammer lane

7. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    if your making enough money to have that kind of break go for it although I suspect there might not be many that could do that, all you got to do is run south of I-40, I-10 and I- 5 would be the best roads to run during winter if you can get enough freight on those routes i'd stay there till the end of March.

8. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

I worked at a company one time that it seemed it was Tx runs and south west during the summer time and Wi. Mn.in the winter. At first I was kinda peed about it. Then I got to looking at the rate sheets. Yea I'll roast and freeze for that kind of money.

DDlighttruck and noluck Thank this.
  9. noluck

noluck Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2011
    greenville,sc
    Yeah, I hate it. but they flood my area in the winter. So I man up and go make that paper.

DDlighttruck Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.