Do you guys use LegalShield/ TVC/ Pro-Driver ?? $$$ FOR ADVICE!!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Michael_P_Business, Feb 2, 2023.

1. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    You probably noticed, but here in Arkansas it's gotten to where you can hardly tell if some of the vehicles they use now are cops. They have a lot of unmarked Chargers, and some partially marked. Like a black suv with a shield only on the right door. He cruise in the right lane and when a fast car goes flying by, nail him. Also have a silver suv running around with no markings that is a DOT bear. Have seen him from Hope up through Mt Ida and over to "Y" city.

Sneaky ########

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Michael_P_Business

Michael_P_Business Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2023
    Was it ATLA? I know those guys are based in Tacoma. When they were successful did you still end up paying more?

Can these guys keep your insurance costs from going up after a speeding ticket?

4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    It was 20 years ago, I don't remember their name.
    No. I did not have to pay them more
    The monthly fee only. You must realize though that their fee had nothing to do with the fee of the lawyer that they found you.
    I don't think that they can keep the insurance down after a speeding ticket hit your record.
    Their role was simple. After getting a ticket I called them, sent them the copy and they arranged for a lawyer with whom I worked later.

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Take the money you pay for monthly fee and save it. Call it the lawyers fund.

Roadlaw and there's another service I can't think of their name at the moment.

Roadlaw isn't everywhere. I had to use the other service on my last ticket.

They get the ticket changed to something else so you're not stuck with a traffic citation. You still pay the fine though. Usually. Most jurisdictions don't care. They just want your money. Some states however. Hate truckers and there's nothing you can do.

They have absolutely nothing to do with insurance and your rates. You're SOL there.

My aunt says the local news did a story recently. EVERYBODY is getting a bump in rates. As if we haven't had enough bumps already the last few years.

My car is 6 years old and I'm paying more now then when I first bought it new. It's almost doubled. My motorcycle is up 4x. Used to be $7 every other month. Now it's $15 every month.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.