Do you have a tablet in your truck?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Byrkaa, May 21, 2022.

1. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    The latest iPad for Google satellite maps is totally worth it .
    When you need to check out the entrance to your delivery or something , it’s a thousand times better than looking at it on a phone screen .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vitkouski

Vitkouski Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2016
  4. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    I’ve got a bunch of them. Says Bayer on them and I use them for the headaches the ####ing computers in my trucks keep giving me.

5. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    It seams like these days there is a no go without one, as they are used for everything.. ELD, map, entertainment, tracking apps, email, laptop hotspot, etc.

pumpkinishere Thanks this.
  6. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    No. I tried twice, but it never really stuck. First time was a Sony tablet with Verizon service. It did everything I expected it to do. Problem was, it solved all kinds of problems I didn't have in the first place, so spent more time in my pack than in my hands. I even still have it, sitting on my desk at home. It's now so old that the latest version of Android on it is obsolete and out of support. That, and the pleather folder it's in is starting to dissolve from age. It's so useless I wouldn't give it to someone because it would just make them mad. Second try was a Rand 8" tablet GPS. Same experience as the first tablet, just with worse hardware and software to make it even more useless if that's possible. It's also holding papers down on my desk, possibly stacked on top of the Sony tablet.

I'm probably too old and set in my ways for one thing. I like a keyboard and bigger screen for some things, and I like a smart phone for phone things, and simple games for killing time. The tablet was a compromise for everything in my opinion. Too small to really enjoy media, too big for simple stuff like texting or checking routes or ETA. Back when I worked in tech, the small size and weight was important and I used an early tablet PC to it's full capability. In trucking that really hasn't mattered as much, so I'm not going to suffer the downsides just for a device that will fit on an airline tray table when I never do air travel any more.

7. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    I have one. It was $$10 a month with Verizon. It has a find my phone app on it. That's great phone underneath a bunch of blankets, it starts ringing. Once I left the phone in the TS Wendy's, saved my but. Plus I watch YouTube on it.

8. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I am a definitive tech nerd, and I just never got as much use out of a tablet as I thought I would. My phone has always gotten the job done for everything.

9. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Run WAZE app on one , Google maps on another . Weather radar , etc

super handy

Vitkouski Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.