Do you honk at kids?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by wallbanger, Feb 15, 2007.

1. missbam

missbam Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2007
    South Ga
    Yes I honk. It brightens my day for a kid to want to hear a honk. Cause I remember when I was I kid I did the same thing.

fargonaz Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dieselcow

dieselcow Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2007
  4. James Johnson

James Johnson Light Load Member

May 27, 2017
    34882609731_6142ef3877_o.jpg I always do it. It's fun when they see a semi truck blowing their horn. When I do it, I bet they are happy. One kid want me to do it like 3 or 4 times, but I had to stop. I think the mom told him to stop too. The mom think probably I was getting tire. I love seeing little kids face, and they are happy.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    fargonaz Thanks this.
  5. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    i do it when i feel its safe to do so, a kid in the back seat of the car next to me, sometimes i tend not to, because i don't want to startle the driver of the car if there not paying attention to the kid in the back seat. if i can tell that the driver of the car is aware that the kid is asking me to blow the horn ill go ahead and let er rip.

a teenager in a place where it dosent matter if i blow the horn, depends on my mood. a teenager somewhere i probably shouldn't be blowing my horn no

6. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    I'm on the horn for anybody. He'll, I'll honk just to honk, if I'm by myself

fargonaz Thanks this.
  7. Truck driver Jackson

Truck driver Jackson Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2018
    No, not anymore. Sorry kids I don't know about air horn law about blowing air horn at kids. I see kids doing the air horn pulling with their arms. I see it but I don't do it I jus wave and give them a smile back. I'm afraid I might get pulled over for blowing my air horn. Plus kids don't do it as much like kids did back in the days. So I don't do it anymore I don't want to risk for a ticket.

8. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Nope,,,if they have not learned to look both ways before crossing the street time to thin the herd.

swervyjoe Thanks this.
  9. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    LOL...I did this exact same thing today. Made sure no one was around and ripped it just to hear myself.

10. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Hell yeah. Always idc if it’s rush hour downtown. The kid wants the air horn he gets the air horn. Lol

It’s funny, I work in literally the worst neighborhood in Minneapolis as far as crime goes but the neighbors are the best. They don’t ##### at trucks and all the kids are out of school now just hanging out. A lot will come up and ask what we’re doing. We pretty much taught a 12 year old kid the other day how to run a mixer truck and lay hand curb. He was hanging out with us for like two hours dude was super interested in concrete. The inspector was showing him how to test and everything.

I don’t mind taking a few minutes out of my day to talk to them.

Tb0n3, ncmickey, Ruthless and 2 others Thank this.
  11. Woodys

Woodys Heavy Load Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Tampa, FL

I had a great grandma with her portable oxygen give me the horn sign the other day. I blew the horn (duh) and watched her face light up. It made my week haha.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    fargonaz, homeskillet and Fold_Moiler Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.