Do you know...? Disgusting Cigarette smokers

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by BlackCat, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackCat

BlackCat Light Load Member

May 25, 2007
    Texas
    Do you know any trucking companies that prohibit drivers from destroying their trucks with cigarettes?

Why would a smoker/driver think that it is acceptable to smoke a pack or two of cigarettes a day in a closed up truck and destroy the interior of a $100,000.00+ truck that does not belong to them?

I don't want to drive/live in a filthy ash tray that some rude, careless, selfish addicted jerk destroyed.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    I totally agree with you! However probably 80% of the drivers out there are smokers. Companies would have big problems finding drivers if they banned smoking. I wouldn't mind it all though.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  4. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    How about the disgusting slobs that don't bathe and trash that truck out? They are just as bad.

5. BlackCat

May 25, 2007
    Texas

I second that as well, but that is no where near as big of a problem as smokers are.

6. bigbuddah71

bigbuddah71 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Deltona,FL.
    I agree 100% Lilbit!! I dont smoke but really, a company not allowing a driver who is in a truck for 3 weeks or a month to smoke? How about the ones who toss the little yellow bottles out on the parking lot? Way more disgusting.

7. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    When I was at orientation, we had a guy who probably cannot remember his last shower. They kept talking about the "old trucking industry" and how it has changed but they hired this guy anyway. To make matters worse, he was a CLOSE TALKER and would not shut up, the kiss of death was that if you made eye contact, he would lock on and follow you wherever you went talking constantly about nothing. I finally told him on day three that he could not ride to the terminal in the same van that I was in. I also asked him if he knew that the showers were free in the hotel? No answer. He wore the same clothes all five days I saw him. Sick.

8. bigbuddah71

bigbuddah71 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Deltona,FL.
    Hey Chompi! I see you are from Deland, who do you drive for?

9. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    Well,so much for this thread...,-cigarette-ummmmm,-sooooooo goooooood..:biggrin_25525: If you dont like it"Frankly My Dear,I dont give a ####":biggrin_2559:....

10. BlackCat

May 25, 2007
    Texas

I know... can you believe? And to think, I have gone a whole life time.

11. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    How about a trucking company that doesn't hire pompous, arrogant, holier-than-thou asshatts with no better axe to grind than people who smoke cigarettes (which by the way is still legal to purchase and consume in every state in the US)? Anyone know where I can find a company like that?

Wait. I already work for one. Never mind.

walleye, panhandlepat, brsims and 14 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.