Do you let other trucks know when you spot a defect?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by double yellow, Apr 11, 2013.

Do you alert other drivers to mechanical defects?

1. *

Yes

37 vote(s)
    66.1%
  2. *

No

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. *

Sometimes

18 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. Bulldog power

Bulldog power Light Load Member

Feb 3, 2013
    I no if u told me something was wrong with my truck I'd thank u... But then I might ask u to stop and help me fix it lol

starsonwindow, pattyj and mje Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Thats the exact reason why I don't use a CB.Not many use it professionally.But this thread makes me rethink it.Someday I may have a dot issue and somebody tells me on the cb.

mje Thanks this.
  4. critters

critters <b>Late For Dinner</b>

Jul 16, 2011
    traverse city,MI
    all you can do is let them know it makes you a better person by doing so,dont lower yourself to their standards by replying to negative attitude.Going down the road I cant see the back side of my wagon so I appreciate the heads up.

mje and starsonwindow Thank this.
  5. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    I leave the CB on, if it gets bad (insulting, playing music, karaoke(proof of mental illness when they do it on air)), I turn it down, and turn it up when it gets quiet again.

I upgraded the antenna on the Cascadia, now, and it hears and talks much better.

mje and critters Thank this.
  6. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Lot tell you to " DRIVE YOUR TRUCK AND I WILL DRIVE MINE " then you can wave at them 50 miles up the road as thery are sitting on the shoulder broke down.

7. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    I tell them on the cb, and if they don't reply and its a serious safety issue (smoking brakes/tires, all chains loose on a flatbed, etc) I'll pull up beside them and wave my CB mic at them and if its night time ill turn my cab light on and wave my mic at them, some guys may run with their CB off but alot of people still have them in their truck and If I see that something is going to possibly cause an accident Im going to do everything that I can to warn the driver about it...

starsonwindow, FLATBED, pattyj and 3 others Thank this.
  8. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    I try to tell ppl. And I would want ppl to tell me too

mje Thanks this.
  9. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

if it is an obvious piece of junk...then no i dont bother...cuz it is gonna have TONS of stuff wrong and they obviously dont care......

RickG, mje and double yellow Thank this.
  10. RAGE 18

RAGE 18 Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2011
    GOLD£N&#9734;STAT£
    Nah bro give up most know of this issues but don't care. Dont waste your time.

mje Thanks this.
  11. Hardlyevr

Hardlyevr Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Mapleton Depot,PA
    I've had to do the wave the microphone thing more than a few times too, but many now don't even have a radio.

But the ones that do and give me the "mind my own business" or other negative and bad attitude back, I always ask them if they would rather hear about it from another driver, or someone with a clipboard and a badge!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.