Do you let other trucks know when you spot a defect?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by double yellow, Apr 11, 2013.

Do you alert other drivers to mechanical defects?

1. *

Yes

37 vote(s)
    66.1%
  2. *

No

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. *

Sometimes

18 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

while its a good idea to drop a few channels...the bears can as well.....i dont call a company name out..

j3411 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    We were still in Tennessee. He would have been allowed to find a safe haven in Tennessee. It was Georgia where they would have thrown the book at him.

Giggles the Original Thanks this.
  4. Dogbreath

Dogbreath Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Eleva, Wisconsin
    Safety Director here:

I travel on the roadways all the time both in the personal vehicle and in the truck hauling freight when needed. I consider it as a "second pair of eyes" out there for free when someone sees something about someone elses vehicle (driving or parked). I even tell four-wheelers at stop lights at times...hey, I'm free if I tell ya...the cop isn't free. Everyone time I have mentioned a defect to someone, they either didn't know or were going to get it fixed in the near future. All have thanked me when I tied the remark about the extra pair of eyes and free if I tell ya and not a cop. I never once mention that I am safety man as folks will immediately get turned off by the "big brother watching me" feeling...so its all about how you deliever the information I suppose.

Keep up the great work guys that are watching out for your fellow driver...we all work hard for our money so why in the hell would you want to fund the local, state, and federal government with defect tickets. Thanks and be safe out there.

SGTSmokdU Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.