do you own the truck after leasing?

Discussion in 'CR England' started by Rollin_18, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    Also the warranty is only whatever freightliner has on that truck. So the little repairs aren't covered after 300,000 miles and the major power train stuff warranty expires at 450,000 miles. At least that's how it was with my tractor.

You are better off going company and saving up money to buy from a regular dealer. This way if it takes you a year or two to save up the funds you will know much more about the industry and if this is really the job for you. Remember you need to love driving to be successful, this is not just another weekly paycheck type of job. I didn't know for sure that this was the career for me until I hit the two year mark.

wulfman75 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Elendil

Elendil Heavy Load Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Ottawa, IL
    Anyone who leases a truck without ever having any driving experience is a fool.

Aside from the fact that most leases are tilted way in the company's favor, how do you know trucking is for you. If you start as a company driver and find you don't like it, then you can just walk away and move on to a different job. A lease is an obligation that is more difficult to walk away from. Of course, if your credit is already bad at a young age, then you probably aren't too worried about fulfilling your obligations in the first place.

I have been driving for 3 years and I still wouldn't consider leasing. Leasing is a way for you to pretend to be your own boss, but you really aren't. If you are hell bent on being your own boss then buy your own truck and lease it to a company.

4. Kibblesnbits

Kibblesnbits Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Check out Roehl. That's who I drive for and they have a lease to purchase. Pretty good program too. No credit checks. Just a 2week truck payment, for a down payment.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.