Do you put a job that lasted 2 months on your resume if you were terminated?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Buffalotrucker, Aug 19, 2022.

1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    That's pretty much it. It's unlikely to be on a PSP report.
    As for DAC, well more companies don't use it than do use it so it might or might not matter.
    Now everyone needs insurance.

Another Canadian driver and baha Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    I said “I wouldn’t”. That’s what I would do.
    I’m not saying #### (IF) there’s no record of •anything occurring.
    •No insurance claim
    •No police report
    •Nothing DOT reportable
    •Nothing on the HireRight
    •Nothing on the PSP.
    If none of these things occurred then I’m taking my chances by not sayin a #### thing
    ESPECIALLY when it’s only 2 months
    This whole “Honesty is the best policy” narrative is hogwash. Nobody cares about your honesty. They just don’t want to hire anyone with any record or history of accidents and if you can mitigate that by omission then by all means do it. If the only way anyone can know you were involved in some type of accident is by you telling them Then why would you tell them? Bwahahahahahahaha make it make sense

but that’s just my opinion

carry on

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
  4. JoeTruck

JoeTruck Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    LOWER 48
    So what if they don't use DAC and they are self insured up to a million ?
    The way things are today the company checks you license , CSA , PSP and your hired.

5. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    The often harsh reality of this industry is you are only as good as you’re driving today as in right now. Doesn’t matter if you’ve been driving accident free and ticket free for years, if you have a bad patch that’s all the trucking company is gonna notice. And as others have alluded to, they don’t care how hard you work. They care about your driving record. Think about it though from their perspective, it’s really all they can judge you on. “What have you done for me lately“ is what the game is all about.

now if you’ve been with the company for years and years and haven’t had any incidents and then you have one? They’re probably gonna work with you. But if you’re brand new? Probably not. This is one aspect about trucking I don’t care for but it’s the way it is. You can do a great job day in and a day out for years but you’re still living on the edge. Because that paycheck can disappear with one bad turn, one careless mistake, one oversight, and a bunch of other one time incidents. Bam, just like that your paycheck is gone.

6. Buffalotrucker

Buffalotrucker Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2022
    It was on private property and the police made a report but there's nothing I can find that has it on my record.

7. Buffalotrucker

Aug 19, 2022
    Do you know how I can search for these? I checked my record and found nothing so far. Should I try and talk to HR from the last company?

8. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    What are the chances a place large enough to be self-insured isn't reporting to DAC? Not very high.
    2 - Request a Copy of My Background Report or Testing Results | Applicant Help Hub

9. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    There is such a thing of being too honest.

Veteran driver Thanks this.
  10. Buffalotrucker

Aug 19, 2022
  11. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Usually they will have the results to your email within 72 hours.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.