Do you shutdown when the 14 hour clock is up no matter what?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by A Bug, Mar 5, 2015.

1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Sounds like a good time to do the 16 hour exemption for locals.

-Steven

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sherlock510

sherlock510 Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Intercontinental.
    You wouldn't be in this situation if ya planned out the trip correctly.. If ya stopped more than once for a break you're doing it wrong.

How'd you get into this predicament?

4. Woodys

Woodys Heavy Load Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    If your not fatigued and feel you can safely make it to the customer then go for it. You have a CDL and know what happens if you get caught. But really, for only 20 miles ... i wouldnt worry about it. If your company calls you about it just say you messed up on your trip planning so you had to do what you had to do.

This #### happens, everyone has to push their 14h every once in a while ....

Raiderfanatic Thanks this.
  5. truckingmonster702

truckingmonster702 Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Dude I am a trainer been driving 2 years on e logs. Ain't been driving 30 years like everyone claims but let me be real with you. If you don't drive that ########## load to the drop and I was your Boss you I would fire you on the spot. It's 20 miles everyone acts like little wieners it's 20 miles and you ain't going to drive it. Like my buddy says nut up shut up and quit acting stupid, stupid. Now grow a pair and take care of business

6. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    LOL give 'em hell. It's just the internet, man. Everyone is perfect on the internet. besides, it's apparent that 50% of the professional advice givers don't even drive a truck.

We used to have a fella that managed to get sleepy 45 minute from the yard all the time. SOB would shut down at the Hook 45 minutes from home and idle that truck all night for 3 nights a week and burn $40/nite in fuel doing it.

7. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    One thing I hate on here is people who will post things that follow the letter of the law because its the internet but in reality they wouldn't have stopped and went ahead with the load.

Raiderfanatic, 123456 and Danvitt Thank this.
  8. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    so because of elogs, a driver is not allowed to take breaks? what if he had to go to the bathroom more than once? or was sleepy?

this is the problem with computerized logging, it makes people have to push themselves beyond their limits, only because of absurd laws and computers who hold them to the letter of the law

no DOT should punish you for 20 minutes, if they do, then the law is wrong, not the driver

9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Do you eat or kiss your lady if you have one with that sewer mouth of yours?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
    skyviper73, JReding and d o g Thank this.
  10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    If this is you we're talking about and not just a general question,you better learn how to trip plan.You look at your hrs more then a couple times a day and go from there.If you're on elogs,lots of luck trying to make it work.You also need to communicate with your dispatcher long before you run out of hrs so they can either call the customer or send a swap to where you're at.Would I chance it running that 20 miles after my 14 expired,nope not even on paper logs because I won't get in that predicament and won't let my dspatcher get me in that predicament unless he wants to pay me double for the load.

11. GreenMonster9669

GreenMonster9669 Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2014
    St Louis
    What's your plan once you're unloaded? (Assuming it won't take 8 hours to unload)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.