Do you tip for showers?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by BoyWander, Jul 22, 2012.

Do you tip for showers?

1. *

All of the time

51 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. *

Once in a while, or if I have a $1 bill

79 vote(s)
    35.4%
  3. *

Never

95 vote(s)
    42.6%
  1. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Good lord, those "showers" in Europe are way better than the ones we have here in the states. That's it... I'm moving over there today.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I've never tipped a shower attendant but you do and that's qreat.Truck driving is a thankless job,how many times have you got tipped by the receiver with maybe giving you box of their product just to say thanks and they appreciate you're ontime and loyal service?

4. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Tipping is way overrated and grossly over used. Do the job you are paid to perform and accept the wages for said job. The service industry in this country has raised a "I am special, i deserve more" mentality. Tens of millions of people go to work each day for pay they have negotiated and that is what they get, nothing more, nothing less.
    If you are not paid for the job what you think you deserve, QUIT and go find other work. Don't expect others to supplement your paycheck.

driverdriver and pattyj Thank this.
  5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I agree,some ppl think you have to tip and that's just wrong.Some restraurants require it.Forget that,I tip depending on the service.

7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I never tip, if they want a tip, they should open a tavern within walking distance, then I'll tip them

8. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    It's just a sign you appreciate someone actually putting effort into their minimum wage thankless job that really would suck. Not sure anyone shows up bright eyed and bushy tailed to clean toilets and showers. If they do a good job I will leave 1 or 2. Depending if I left a 1 or 2 ... If there is a line of people waiting, rooms waiting to be cleaned, and the attendant is "on their break" ... no tip. Take your break when it's slow.

9. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    The Man said " Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you."

This song is to all of you that don't tip the attendant for whatever your unhappiness is at the time you shower.

10. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    I would rather tip, smile and say thank you. Life is better that way.

11. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    It has to be one of the most humbling jobs anywhere. Like I stated I always give a few dollars because it's a thankless job. I don't think as a child or teenager, anyone envisions themselves growing up to clean showers at a truck stop. I'm certain anyone doing it, is because they certainly have bills to pay, mouths to feed.
    Christ also said, " What you have done to the least amongst you, so have you done to me."
    I have 0 doubt in my mind that several of the people posting on this thread are some of the true nasties.
    The other thing I have 0 doubt about, is on the judgement day, Christ will say " You cleaned up that nasty ####s squaller all those times, step inside please."

dancecanyon and mtoo Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.