Dock incident, was told good to go but a guy was still in trailer

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Iemontel, Oct 20, 2022.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    you pull forward about a foot or 2, then apply the brakes, shut off engine, GOAL.....???

i did that quite often myself, when i was not allowed on the docks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    What's stopping someone from walking back into the trailer in the 30-60 seconds it takes you to walk back to the cab and pull ahead 10 feet to close the doors?

JoeyJunk and buddyd157 Thank this.
  4. Iemontel

Iemontel Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2020
    I did pull forward less then feet going really so so my time wouldn’t start on my eld .

5. Iemontel

Jan 10, 2020
    That’s true man your right I’m glad I didn’t pull foward ten feet with him inside

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    What is the first thing you do when someone hands you a gun and says," It's OK, It's unloaded."

7. Iemontel

Jan 10, 2020
    Everything should be on camera then because they had cameras outside there building and it would proof he didn’t get hurt , he just got scared and mad . I only moved a bit foward like about a foot going 1 mph and I was looking at my mirror because the dock had two small walls on each side and the dock was a slope , I had my window down when I heard something so i immediately set my brakes and ran to see , and he was angry throwing pieces of wood and screaming

8. Iemontel

Jan 10, 2020
    Lol that’s a total different story first of all never put your hand prints on a gun

Grubby#1 Thanks this.
  9. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    The complete opposite of what a certain public figure did.

Grubby#1, JoeyJunk and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    The Sprouts DC in Glendale Arizona ( Schneider ) was without question the most hap hazard place I'd ever been.

In just 3 months saw two loaded refer trailers dropped. Another half dozen with the tandems obliterated from striking this vault around the corner.

And some dude way messed up, guy pulled away from dock and he came out the back with one of those riding pallet jacks on top of him.

He was really f up.

Another DUDE had a heart attack at the check in window.

Quite a place. Safety first.

11. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    There were no red or green lights, and you were handed your signed bols and told you that you were good to go. It was not you fault and your boss is an idiot. It was the guy who handed you your paperwork who caused the issue. He should have told you to not move you truck if he planned to go into your trailer. When there are no indicator lights you can only follow directions of the employees.

JoeyJunk and AModelCat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.