Does anybody know where I can find the FEMA loads?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by A1 Auto Trucking, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    No, when you get there it will be total confusion, it take a few days to get any kind of order set up.
    Been to many disasters,Andrew was my first, that was before FEMA.

After the brokers get all the crap low ball trucks rates will rise, remember they are asking you to abandon your regular customers to help them.

In a few days private business will find out what they need and there will be plenty of good paying freight going that.

As all the trucks get sucked into Texas rates on other freight will improve.

Remember it's going to be a one way trip for the next few weeks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flatbeb mac

flatbeb mac Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2015
    It's actually a non profit outfit loads in Indiana to Victoria Texas. They work with fema. My question is how to get around the hos... I called Indiana police and etc they knew nothing about the declaration.

JL of Indiana and stayinback Thank this.
  4. flatbeb mac

Aug 16, 2015
    Oh and as for routing ... I'm on my own

5. flatbeb mac

Aug 16, 2015
    I did call a fmcsa number and it's a no go on over weight without permits fml lol

6. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Yeah I know you are exempt from any HOS under FEMA loads. I don't think you are exempt on OD loads... or overweight loads.

flatbeb mac Thanks this.
  7. flatbeb mac

Aug 16, 2015
    I was told to print out the emergency declaration and roll. For got to ask if it's cool to roll for 20 hours lmao

8. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Some guys I've seen them put the FEMA declaration on the upper portion of the passenger window.

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I feel you are fixing to be buried in load boards from dear uncle sam for everything bound for Texas way. I heard earlier that vaults across the USA is mobilizing to transfer cash money to Texas to keep the local economy going where possible. Im seeing tractor trailer loads of cash heading out. That would be worthy.

If you do head down that way, fuel at Shreveport or Carls Corner Or even Midland-Dyess area before you get too deep into the disaster area. I understand that there is hardly nothing in that area for fuel at this time. I doubt that San Antone Petro will have it, they might. But call them and ask directly before you head that far down.

We are fixing to get a visit from Harvey in about 30 hours. Make sure that you pass through highway 67 or 40 before that time south and west into texas. If we get more than a certain amount of inches many state roads in our area will get pretty wet if not actually closed a few days or weeks to flooding. I think it will start to become 55mph in the little rock area Wed Night into Thursday sometime and need about until Saturday am to clear out above Memphis into SW Indiana.

flatbeb mac and JL of Indiana Thank this.
  10. flatbeb mac

Aug 16, 2015
    I was thinking of running down 77 and dodging Huston all together. A few miles out of the way but last I looked it wasn't closed.

11. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    You got that right! You're going into what may look like a warzone. Everything is in short supply and there's no help if you need help. Bad time to be cheap.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.