Does anyone give radio checks anymore.

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by shortlid, Oct 7, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Extracting teeth is ... pulling teeth on my end. I have that Part C and also Private Dental coverage which is pretty good.

The last three years I watch that coverage evaporate as Uncle Sammy puts most everything on me cash. For example, 38 dollars back in my pocket for premiums that I don't pay anymore for dropped higher dental coverage. Why? It's simple.

If I extract a tooth? They don't pay a #### thing. Private insurance will pay a surgeon upwards of 400 per 1200 in charges. My last tooth turned into a 2000 dollar shop job (Knock me out, versed the whole works with anesthesiologist) 600 was my responsibility. The problem was cost overrun when they found abscess threatening my brain after they shoved a tiny remote camera into the sinus (Ech...) they probably saved my life there.

My recent dental visit on part C became a 300 dollar assessment problem. They never take new patients as they are. They have to make you show up lie in the chair endure a thousand questions, pokes and so on.

I did a assessment for a set of Dentures. Retail they will cost me about.... (Hats please People, mind your hats...)

8000.00 Part C will pay 1000. And my private insurance will pay 1000.00 And I own the 6000 dollar part of the bill.

(Extracting 32 teeth at 150 each billed to you, will run approximately 4900.00 Dentures are the rest. Around 2000.

Double the price and go to Tulsa for implants with bolts surgically installed permanently into your face bones. 15000 on up.

Or do without until you are down to one tooth that you constantly shine, floss, love on, brush and so forth.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Most of them are too stupid to spell “cb”, let alone can they figure out how to use one.

I’m a rare bird as one of the few LTL guys that runs a radio. I usually chat with dump truckers and grain haulers.

4. wolverine11

wolverine11 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2015
    I dont believe the newer ( younger) drivers are too stupid to use a cb, they just have no interest and dont realize the value of its use as an important tool, in addition most of these newbies lack communication skills because they were raised with computers and I phones and communication is acheived with a key board on social media.

Fire ant and Swine hauler Thank this.
  5. wolverine11

wolverine11 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2015
    In response to the OP I have never had a problem getting a come back from another big truck, mobile, or base station if I needed to for what ever reason.

Swine hauler Thanks this.
  6. chriskc

chriskc Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2013
    Kansas City mo
    I don’t run 19 because of all the carp on there. Like our preacher man that starts at 6am until 6 or 7 pm. I run 28 and just talk to all the base stations around here.

Swine hauler and wolverine11 Thank this.
  7. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Where in Tulsa?

8. Swine hauler

Swine hauler Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2019
    lOL

You LTL guys are an absolute gold mine for local Intel for out-of-towners. I 'm always on the hunt for an antenna when I get twisted around at night in an unfamiliar town. Wish you all had 'em.

9. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I haven't run a CB since 2006. A guy yelled at me (literally screamed) while I was apologizing for my heavy load making my speed increase and decrease.

I had a very violent reaction to that (in my head) and shut the radio down never to run it again.

I was 26 years old and ####ing crazy. No need to help me along. Thank God I've chilled out a lot.

Swine hauler Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im not sure. They got these clear choice commercials bombarding the satellite which I am getting ready to get rid of. If I am going to be paying 30 a month for re-runs and aliens programming warmed over twice I'll look into Roku or something off my router.

We'll see.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  11. Swine hauler

Swine hauler Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2019
    I'm sorry to hear that. We're all poorer for it.

Fire ant, MACK E-6 and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.