Does anyone have information on changing DL address without a permanent residence?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Techno_Trucker, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    FYI, my 'legal' address and where my mail is sent is actually my daughter's home. My stuff is sitting in a storage unit while I'm traipsing around the country. When I go on hometime, I go visit and stay with my sons and ex-wife (she's still my bff). The only downside to the arrangement is that I can't claim Head of Household and have to file as Single. Every since my ex and I got divorced, I've always claimed our boys on taxes and been able to claim head of household. But, not now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I no longer have a DL because I have Epilepsy. I do have a state-issued ID. I would caution to be VERY careful with this address thing in regard to REALID. Without that small star on the top right of the DL/ID you can't fly, you can't enter a military base OR most federal buildings. I think all 50 states must be in compliance now. You can get a DL/ID without it being REALID compliant, but it will state federal limits apply on it. When I got my ID I had to show my actual rental lease to get mine. I am not saying it's impossible to do, just saying it is MUCH harder today than it was 10 years ago. Again, no REALID you can't fly, and you can't enter a military base.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.