Does anyone have truck insurance through OOIDA?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by chris_karr, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    It's progressive thru a local agent .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chris_karr

chris_karr Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Ah okay, progressive is one of my top 5 options actually. I will call for a quote, I gotta get away from this $13,000 a year lol. I seen guys brand new, with one ticket paying $490 a month on theirs....

4. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    You need to understand the different types of insurance and what the profits are going to support. OOIDA isn't a rated insurance company and the money goes to support the efforts that the blind masses so they can continue to collect dues and donations. Look at the $75k bond abortion they partnered with TIA to get crammed up our errrr down our throats.

Not a big one about "stand up and change the world at the cost of profits" guy. But this is easy. Noting they provide I can't get cheaper, better or both.

5. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    If you look closely at the bottom of those big signs that read "say no to cheap freight" it says in small print " so you can afford our overpriced insurance"

59MackB61 Thanks this.
  6. 59MackB61

59MackB61 Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Same story here, I checked with them no where near competitive on insurance rates. Use a local independent, progressive seems to be the best price and options. Used to have through another company years ago but that company got out of heavy truck insurance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.