does anyone know how much is 3% of idling equals to hours?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by kaly, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Thats because the system is made for 4 or more batteries and Knight removes all but 3 because they are A: Cheap B: Dont care about their drivers. C: All of the above.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kaly

kaly Bobtail Member

May 6, 2012
    Gautier, ms
    i agree with you..they dont care...i was with them for a year and a one month..i got fired from them when i went to pick up a load from georgia pacific and i parked across the street with the other trucks that parked, it was all sand and lot of craters, as i call them, some of them were pretty deep and others were okay to drive over..anyway, was trying to park next to jb hunt when i got stuck in the sand on a flat surface..i had a brand new international, and the way they were set up was, when you get stuck and u are giving it fuel while in gear, the transmission cuts off all power to rear drives and you cant spin off at all..even thou i had traction control, i was unable to move not even 1 foot..so i had to call a tow truck to pull me out and then they told me i was fired because i was costing them money..most large companies are like that..

4. kaly

kaly Bobtail Member

May 6, 2012
    Gautier, ms
    with this company we dont deliver for wall mart..thank god...i hate delivering for wall mart..some wall mart dc centers, if you late by 15 minutes, they will put on the bills that you have been late, it never happen to me but thats what they told me at the wall mart dc ...that was in outside salt lake city, ut on 80 heading west, in small town

5. kaly

kaly Bobtail Member

May 6, 2012
    Gautier, ms
    i am getting out of this industry at the end ofthe year, the only way you can be free is have your own truck that is paid off and you can idle all you want without being harrass..nowdays, most company drivers do get harrass mostly about idling then anyting else..this company has double standards, idle the truck when it gets 20F and at the same time you can only do 3% for the whole month...

6. kaly

kaly Bobtail Member

May 6, 2012
    Gautier, ms
    multi group logistics

7. kaly

kaly Bobtail Member

May 6, 2012
    Gautier, ms
    i had 3 batteries with low output alternator and the sad thing was, when i went to the shop in phoenix,az, thats where corporate is, i asked them about that and they told me when they buy trucks, it comes with 4 batteries and high output alternator, but they changed them and he did not tell me why...they told me its corporate that makes the rules....

8. Tallman67122

Tallman67122 Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Pine Hill, NJ
    I currently drive for Knight but don't know for how much longer i am going todrive for them. I am getting sick and tired of dispatchers calling me up
    and ######## about idle time.
    Want my IDLE time down? APU. Simple answer to high idle time...APU. LOL i just posted on a video from Kevin Knight
    on youtube this post:

Michael Vogt 10 minutes ago
    Yet you will not install APU's or inverters on our trucks. Still if we idle too much in the summer or winter we get #####ed at? Really concerned about our health?
    If we do idle too much because it is too hot outside our speed will get cut down. Yet all these other companies with APU's and inverters say they are beneficial
    and do save fuel. Maybe this is the reason i am leaving knight real soon to go with a company that DOES care for its drivers by having APU's and INVERTERS.

I wonder if this will get me fired from Knight lol.

9. wideglide13

wideglide13 Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Anywhere USA or Canada
    I drove for Melton had APU my idle was just under 5% i would turn it of every time i stopped it rarely shut of the truck with the four min idle shut down .. my point is 3% is nothing . Do you have APU ?

10. kaly

kaly Bobtail Member

May 6, 2012
    Gautier, ms
    i dont have one

11. wideglide13

wideglide13 Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Anywhere USA or Canada
    Than they want or don't care if you freeze or burn up 3% is nothing go work for a company that has a APU

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.