Does broker have legal grounds to proceed with claim?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by sergk1989, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Yes if you’re still waiting on payment from past loads from a broker and you owe the broker money through a deduction you are not going to see that amount of deduction as income from those previous loads. This is very common. If you do a lot of loads with one broker It is possible to find yourself in this situation as you were probably waiting on quite a few payments.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    TQL has it in contract. They can withdraw money from your account even year later.

4. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    I blew a transmission while under a TQL load. Tried to repower but nobody would rent to me. I kept the load on my trailer for about 3 days until I finally delivered. I kept the broker in the loop throughout the entire process. Told them where their freight was and I had no issues. Of course, it hurt my rep (and ego) a little but no drama was involved.

5. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    That is exactly how its done!

6. Avrakotos

Avrakotos Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2020
    BC
    communication and honoring your commitment/contracts are paramount in this business regardless if your a driver, dispatcher, broker or customer. Every brokerage out there (prolly except the Glendale Gang scammers) has language in the contract permitting them to offset charges/claims/damages with money on the books for previous loads. The reason for this is insurance often denies claims for lack of proper coverage, etc. We did power only trailer moves, and carriers would routinely forge paperwork to show they had the correct trailer coverage ( Glendale Gang scam MC#s were the worst for this) or cancel the coverage with the agent a day after getting it added to the cert and getting it confirmed with us. Instead of an insurance denial, carrier ghosting us, and us holding the 40,000 bag on a stolen trailer, we use the money on the books to help us getting stroked by a shady carrier.

7. Hollywoodsaint

Hollywoodsaint Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2020
    Hollywood California
    I thought CH Robinson was LMAO.....TQL has gotten me out of some tight areas only they had access to

8. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018

A broken clock is right twice a day. CH is their as well with TQL

9. Valandreevich802

Valandreevich802 Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2024
    Hi guys how are you doing?
    Very interesting subject you talking about repower claim.
    I am in business 10 years but never see from anyone that broker it self can open repower claim to truckers it so unfare and dos not make any sense.
    But in this case that guy return product back to shipper I agree you can't do it by your self but if you was in contact with broker and they didn't response to you this is you who have to open claim to broker for not answering phone in such difficult situation.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.