Does May hire people with felonies?

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Unclehams, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Unclehams

Unclehams Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2010
    It says on their website they must be 5 years old. Mine are not violence, non drug, non sex, non aggrivated felonies.

I also have no DUis however do they expect 100% pure stable work history in the last 3-5 years with the way things have been? I've been in and out of college and worked a lot of temp agencies before deciding to go to trucking school...

I do have good work references from previous employers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Unclehams

Feb 7, 2010
    I hope I asked in the right forum

4. HAULIN357

HAULIN357 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2009
    STICKER PATCH AZ
    they have to be older than 5 yrs call them !

5. Unclehams

Feb 7, 2010
    Yea I did and the lady told me their only accepting people with 1 felony... Forget its 15 years old, forget a perfect drive record and all 3 felonies are not drug, violence or sex related.. Yea forget that.. Just focus on the negitive.... I sure as hell hope when I graduate Truck driving school I at least find a company willing to let me (Inappropriate Comment Removed) foot in the trucking industry door..

I'll pray its not CR england at least.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2010
  6. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

With an attitude like that, it might be a rough road !!!!!!!!

kickin chicken Thanks this.
  7. lovintruckin

lovintruckin Light Load Member

May 15, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Oh, so you have several felonies? It's going to be VERY hard to find a job. It's hard for a new student with a clean record to find a job and if you have felonies...whoa. Did you do ANY research into qualifications before you decided on trucking school? Just asking. :biggrin_2557:

Dexterr Thanks this.
  8. Unclehams

Feb 7, 2010

I have three felonies 2 state and 1 fed. 2 for recieveing stolen property and 1 for perjury. Yes I did do plenty of research before signing up for school. I already know I have to bend over for a year or so to get my foot in the door however it depends on the economy to some degree as well.

I've been researching it and I know theres some companies that won't hire, some that will hire one felony..

As far as the attitude figure it like this. You do a crime, a non person to person, non sex or violent crime but you get lumped in this catagory as forever the same. If I had wanted to be thought of as a stupid 18 year old I would be chasing high school ###, smoking weed and still living at moms. Figures someone actualy LOOKING for work would NOT be the same idiot that did the crimes 15 years ago.

You would think a price paid for a stupid deed would carry a lesson but the punishment was the least of my worries, its every ####### company that figures no one ever changes. not doubt someone with only misdomener of exposing themself to minors would have a better shot with a truck company than someone who purchased 7 pairs of oakley sun glasses..

9. constructionjim

constructionjim Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2010
    norwalk,ct
    dude good luck finding any work in the otr trucking fields--your better off looking at construction companys or garbage companys that are local--its not just the trucking companys insurers that mandate the terms its were you have to haul it to what if they had to send you to a port they would not even let you in the gate till you got a clearence from the port athoritys cops that run your whole history and insist on a letter from your probation officer,how years ago that was,a good way of knowing if most the over the road companys will hire you with your past record is if you can get a hazmat,or tanker endorsments,your run by the fbi beforhand,,,the companys will look at employing you much differently and faster if you can get those endorsments on your license,thats the for real dude,i now from exp dude.

10. Unclehams

Feb 7, 2010

I can get my hazmat and tanker endorsements with NO problem. Im not disqualified from hauling anything anywhere with exception of going to canada where anyone with a felony would need a letter from their PM.

Besides, two of my felonies are for the same thing around the same time, I doubt it makes a differences for any type of clearence wether its 1 felony or two, just as long as its not something like bomb making or #### like that.

Thanks though

11. lovintruckin

lovintruckin Light Load Member

May 15, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    With the big companies, you have to fit in the little square box...they rarely make exceptions. Maybe a very small outfit where you can talk to the owner, etc may work but even then, they usually require at least a year due to insurance requirements. The big companies are very impersonal and if you don't fit their exact qualifications...your applicaton goes into file 13. Good luck to you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.