does roadway hire newbie grads

Discussion in 'YRC' started by BigDaddyJollyRob, Dec 13, 2007.

1. BigDaddyJollyRob

BigDaddyJollyRob <strong>"El Oso"</strong>

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    Does roadway hire truck school grads? Getting my training at Teamster local 251. I start on Monday.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hendersoncnc

hendersoncnc Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2007
    baltimore,maryland
  4. latanea

latanea Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2007
    cincinnati (sharonville)
    huge hiring wave will begin in about a month...

if anyone is interested in locations - send me a note.

5. mojo

mojo Bobtail Member

Mar 13, 2008
    OH
    Would be interested in those hiring areas, but can't pm yet. Please let me know, I am in Ohio Thanks

6. latanea

Sep 21, 2007
    cincinnati (sharonville)
    it looks like Cincinnati will be the big hire spot this year - nothing etched in stone yet - but we have paved an additional 80 car parking spots and built an additional 44 dock doors (40 or 46 - hell I do not remember - but the added on for additional freight flow)...

they will probably hire a group or two up in Akron too....

Columbus is a question mark as is Toledo...

I will post as soon as the gates open on applications and such -

general rule of thumb is that you have to live within 2 hours driving time from your home terminal..

(you get 2 hour work call - and drive to work - get in big truck and stay out for 10 to 80 hours (1-4 days) then you are home again...

I usually go out 400-600 miles away from home - hit a hotel for a night and come back the next day... sometimes get 2 beds RARELY get 3 and 4 has never happened (because they have to pay us A LOT extra per contract if we get stuck out on number 4...).

7. roadwayranger

roadwayranger Bobtail Member

May 27, 2008
    Easley,South Carolina
    Has anybody heard anything about Charlotte 681. what going to happen there because there not telling us anything.

8. latanea

Sep 21, 2007
    cincinnati (sharonville)
    681 is gaining - but we all have to wait for the change to go past the phone bid next week...

dunno -

looking back on my post in march I guess I was a bit optomistic - the econ is really hurting us right now - (as it is everyone) - and I think the high ups figured we would pick up a lot more freight from jevic than we actually did...

probabbly take a few years before we gain ground agaon on hiring and get all of this dooma nd gloom out of the hallways...

9. its_mikey

its_mikey Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2008
    ky
    i live in ky,see there hiring in lexington,looking to get my cdl's,still looking at schools,is there a teamsters driving school?or how does it work should anyone no...thanks mike

10. newbee22

newbee22 Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2008
    palm coast, FL
    does anyone kno hows the pay and the otr times and they have no touch load and where they are hiring (states)...sry for all the questions i just cann't find any ifo on the company...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.