Does Schneider accept your Current DOT Physical?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by milby, Sep 9, 2021.

1. milby

milby Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Higginsville, MO
    Does anyone know if Schneider accepts your current DOT physical long form or do they make all potential new drivers get a new physical at orientation?

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    you'll be sent for a new one before you.even leave for orientation.

how it was 10 yrs ago anyway

4. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    I attended orientation back in 2017 with Schneider in Phoenix and they had me doing the physical first thing in the morning. It was a very extensive physical to, they make you do trucking related tasks that are simulated and you have heart monitor on the end of your finger, if you register too high for your age, you're out!

One guy only got a 90 day card because he had a hernia, a very small one. Not many of these big megas will accept a physical unless its done by their people. When I started with Swift back in 2013, the accepted my DOT physical dated within 30 days of the orientation, but that was then.

5. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    They accepted mine in 2010, but they still made me do an in house agility test in front of a physical therapist to make sure I could crawl under a truck and lift 50 lbs.

6. Terlingua

Terlingua Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    Just to add some more recent experience, I had my first day of orientation today and they accepted my existing DOT medical card. It seems like it may depend on how long is left on it. A few students in the class did have to do the physical today but most didn't. I still have about a year and a half left on mine. I didn't ask specifically, but I think the ones that retook it had less than one year before expiration.

7. jtc3495

jtc3495 Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2021
    I just finished up orientation a couple weeks ago. I had a DOT physical from July, but they had me checked out by their in house Dr. at the beginning of Orientation. They also did an emerge test to check for pre exisiting injuries. All of this was done as part of week one in the program.

8. Moronica

Moronica Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2020
    Last 3 companies I worked for (in the past 4 years) all made me get a fresh DOT Physical . Even though I still had 1.5 years left on the latest one . I doubt a big company like Schneider would be any different

9. skyviper73

skyviper73 Heavy Load Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Centennial, CO
    I did SNI Orientation in July of this year, (2021). They accepted my DOT card because it had more than a year left on it. I only had to do the pee drug test and hair drug test. So if your DOT card has more than a year remaining on it they will probably accept it. Ask recruiting.

401-Alex Thanks this.
  10. classicxl

classicxl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2006
    I did the physical test in orientation back in 2008 and failed because i couldn’t keep my back straight enough for the tester when lifting the weights from floor up . i joined a gym worked on getting my muscle strength up and reapplied and past . they have you do the physical test on the first day of orientation and if you failed your gone immediately

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.