Does Schneider allow portable toilets?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by PaulL, May 3, 2013.

1. Oaker

Oaker Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    SW Ohio
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roadlt

roadlt Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Hughson, California
    Need a little fiber in your diet?

4. speedracer 1963

speedracer 1963 Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2008
    illinois
    I think all drivers requesting to use port-a pottys in there truck should be forced to drive a tractor that stinks like hell inside first:biggrin_2556:

5. californiatruckgirl

californiatruckgirl Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Downey, Ca
    I cant stop laughing at the comical comments on this thread. Thanks. :biggrin_25517:

6. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    I have never ever had to take a pee pee nor poopee inside a truck. That unsanitary.

KH

7. LongHaulHighway

LongHaulHighway Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Run a governed truck on a Conway or FedEx load and you might think twice about not urinating in a bottle. When I ran governed for CR England I had a designated set of two or three bottles with the labels taken off and an "X" marked on the caps with a permanent marker. I'd simply haul them into the shower, empty them in the toilet, put soap and hot water in each, shake and reuse.

When people claim that they don't use bottles because they're worried about a smell, I have to wonder, "What are you planning to do? Urinate on the floor or leave the caps off the bottles?"

When a friend of mine takes his wife out on the truck he brings a porta-potty he says he got from Walmart in the camping section. I suggest that for a female or one coffee can and a set of bottles. Urinate into the can, pour into the bottles and clean them every time you take a shower.

For the record, you want large hard plastic juice bottles. I also recommend to both men and women, having napkins and hand sanitizer. As a man, remember that gravity isn't working on your side if you're urinating in a bottle in your seat, as far as the last few drops are concerned. You don't want that to end up in your shorts. Grab a napkin, grip the offending part of your John Thomas with the napkin and tuck it away. Dispose of napkin, sanitize hands and the two hour traffic jam has now become much less of a nightmare.

californiatruckgirl and Freakin Thank this.
  8. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    Also there are man pads for that drip

9. JustinWaterboro

JustinWaterboro Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Porter, ME
    Yup ran those same loads for CRE and you literally do not have any time to stop for any reason. They even told us to shower, grab all food needed, etc before we started the trip...

10. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    1 gal plastic Arizona Tea container and a small plastic bottle of bleach to rinse after empty. Leave bleach in to cut smell, too. Cat litter never occurred to me. Have to try that. Yes, 13-gallon plastic bags (black and scented).

11. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Simply remind them that you have a hazmat endorsement and this is an in-service for dispatching what looks good on paper.

Of course, if you let them do the potty-training they will feel in control and satisfied with tighter regulations for the movement of loads (we would'nt want to fall behind on our logs)... ah trucking, zee macrocosm of skunk logistics (work with me here: "Schneider By The Numbers"... taking pride in preventable accidents, or so they say)!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.