Does the Truckers Report have bed bugs?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by The Crossword Trucker, Jan 11, 2021.

1. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    There’s United Agents, errr Unigroup I guess, that hires company drivers in Ohio and Michigan area but I don’t guess they’re doing the same as they Van Operators themselves. I spent some time with a United Agent in a nondriving capacity and was tempted to do it. There were some VERY successful Van Operators I got to know. Times have changed I believe. This was in the mid 90’s and I was in a city that had a major university, major corporations present and was a state capital. Some of those Van Operators would just shut down late November till late February and still made a ton of dough. Tough work though. No fat ones.

Speed_Drums and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Many people in CA are going to New Mexico to rent a U-Haul then return it to New Mexico. Save thousands by doing this.

4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Read that Leonardo DiCaprio paid $16,000.00 for movers to put a piano in his upper floor condo in NYC.
    Had to get permits to block the street and a crane to lift it to his floor.
    Pocket change to him though.

JoeyJunk, Speed_Drums and OldeSkool Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    One of my neighbors rented a truck in Chicago to move to Las Vegas.
    He unloaded his household goods in Las Vegas, then drove the empty truck back to Chicago, turned it in, then got in his car and drove back to Las Vegas. Told me he saved a ton of money by doing that.

6. Sharky88

Sharky88 Heavy Load Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Yes agent 199 they are all company drivers but its all spec com. Mostly cabinets. I also do spec com now mostly medical equipment. I take off usually from December 15 to around January 20th. Then again in August for 2 weeks.

LTL Bull Thanks this.
  7. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    dan31186 Thanks this.
  8. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Apparently bedbugs are all over west Texas. It could be true. But I've stayed in a few questionable motels, several trucks, and a few other places... I've never seen a bed bug yet. Never did wake up with the ichys.

I hear it looks like rust on a mattress.

OldeSkool Thanks this.
  9. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Is that Frisbie or Corrigan?

10. jcrack08

jcrack08 Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2014
    So why do they have the big bunks, is it to fit in their helpers too? And how do they maneuver those rigs into the residential driveways etc. Always been curious..

11. Sharky88

Sharky88 Heavy Load Member

Sep 25, 2013
    The big bunks are for living like a human being lol driving g a.big bunk truck is no different then a regular.truck. yes you do make wider turns sometimes but you learn the truck. Oh and we don't go I to driveways normally we park on the street if we can't get close we shuttle it and the help does not ride with us they are usually labor from a local agent

jcrack08 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.