Does trucking really ruin your life at home?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by JJMac0108, Mar 13, 2015.

1. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    There are always regional companies that have you home on the weekends, I went local right out of school, home every night. There's always jobs out there that match what your looking for, just gotta look. Also your profile still says Student, may want to update that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JJMac0108

JJMac0108 Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2014
    St Catharines, Ontario
    Thanks, forgot to update. As for local, I was offered home daily jobs. I prefer OTR. Just didn't realize what life on the highway would cost me.

4. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I just recently got off the road and things at home are a lot better than the 10 days I came back thru a years time. Like the one guy said I felt I was a hassle and in the way.

Go figure.

Got the woman on a diet. If I'm going to the gym...she has to go.... Or as I say wait till I'm super super sexy with better abs instead of just super super sexy.
    That and having chicks look at me where she sees it while we are out get her ### motivated.

Could have hooked up with so many of those flying j girls....so many....not even funny.

"Hey baby I like you.... You're interactive"
    ::insert generic feature comment:
    Game on.

5. JJMac0108

Sep 24, 2014
    St Catharines, Ontario
    Really? That's all it takes for these girls? Time to get some bunk buddies :D

CargoWahgo Thanks this.
  6. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Well you gotta remember these ppl have been treated like crap by impatient truckers all day. Tell em they look cute today !

Its amazing what happens when you treat them human and actually be nice. Got probably at least a 1000 free items at the register.

Shag on JJ shag on.
    (Called my truck the shag mobile)

JJMac0108 Thanks this.
  7. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    In a word, YES, nuff said

Riprap and GenericUserName Thank this.
  8. GenericUserName

GenericUserName Road Train Member

May 17, 2014
    Santa Monica, CA
    OTR consumes your life. The ONLY thing that gets me through it is the fact that i take long breaks when i get home (7-10 days). So if i ever do OTR with another carrier the home time policy will be a deal breaker if it isnt to my liking.

9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    If anything it strengthen our marriage and we found ways to deal with others in our lives.

10. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Since 2007 I have re-committed myself to our marriage but, I feel sometimes it is in vain. She assures me she is still IN-LOVE with me but, I have to wonder. You know her and I have been together for 28 years,,lol,,sometimes things just get old. I know she used to be a sweetheart, and I was an a-hole. Now it is pretty much switched, I am the sweetheart and she is the a-hole...lol Anyway, I have been working hard to keep us together but it just feels like I am doing all the work. I sure hate talking about this with another truck driver...lmbo

11. JJMac0108

Sep 24, 2014
    St Catharines, Ontario
    @Sheepdog, at least your showing a rookie the reality of my future. I do appreciate that.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.