Does Westside transportation do follicle testing. I smoked weed about 2months ago

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Cassidine, Dec 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Its not the question so much I have a issue with, it's the action. He is trying to figure out how to cheat the system that is there to help keep other drivers and the motoring public safer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Yes, and you want to take people at their word that they are 100% ? Yes there is responsible people out there that can take care of them self's and manage there lives. On the other hand we are now ALLOWING people in that can not.

Any of these guys down below were not impaired before hand, Could you only imagine if they were. What people do in there free time matters when you drive a 80K missile that can cause a whole alot of damage not to mention kill a whole lot of people.

truck-stuck-back.jpg

And

4. chris887

chris887 Medium Load Member

Nov 11, 2015
    chicago
    Stupid people are going to do stupid things weather they do drugs or not. Before I got into trucking I smoked weed, but I did so responsibly at home. Didnt go to work high, didnt let it interfere with my life. I quit smoking weed years ago. I still drink a little too much on my weekends off, but I never let it interfier with work. Some drivers just dont belong on the road weather they use or not. And some drug users could be good drivers

Fajo Thanks this.
  5. chris887

Nov 11, 2015
    chicago
    How do you know anyone is 100 percent. What if they have the flu, or have serious problems on their mind distracting them, or an injury that affects their movement? A lot of drivers are not at 100 percent, but what can you do?

Fajo Thanks this.
  6. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    You and me in a way are talking about the same thing, I'm not aiming for the drivers that can think and do. The systems are there to catch the lowest denominator. Which unfortunately the system gets put in place because of the lowest denominator and can end punishing the ones it was not really meant to go after.

Guess just a sign of the times, Freedoms seem to shrink more and more as people get stupider and stupider its really sad to see.

chris887 Thanks this.
  7. chris887

Nov 11, 2015
    chicago
    What I would like to see is greater punishment for stupid drivers that cause accidents instead of a million rules for safety that punish everyone

Fajo Thanks this.
  8. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Agreed! Go work some place else, no room for potheads

9. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Unfortunately the stupid drivers are starting to out weigh the good ones. Example, When this appeals to drivers as a recruiting tool, We know there is something wrong with the industry.

10. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    With social media, Everything has to be an "issue" these days,EVERYTHING...

What ever happened to accountability at a responsible and mature level?

So this guy smoked a joint or whatever......SO WHAT! This shouldn't even be an issue, If he's a responsible,civil individual with his head on straight, shouldn't even be in discussion.

Problem is today, Everyone wants to get wrapped up in 'others' fortunes and /or miseries and wish Bad luck on them with a devilish smile..Way Too Much "I wanna see him/her suffer" Going on.

If the guy got high,So What, Let him wait it out,Then think about what is best for him.

SouthernThunder Thanks this.
  11. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Agreed, but his reason for getting stoned is a red flag in my eyes, being a driver can bring a lot of people down, after a crash that seriously injured or even killed someone, and find the driver was high on pot and get the "I was down" excuse for smoking

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.