Does your company pay miles to home time?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lennythedriver, May 28, 2020.

1. Lostmykey

Lostmykey Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2019
    While I’ve not been paid to go home; I did get paid for deadheading from home to the next load. I’ve also picked up a load at my home city and had very little empty miles as a result.

I’ve been a bit undecided; it feels easier to come off hometime when I actually take the trk home; but my primary residence is too close to a yard. I’ve been requesting my hometime at my sisters. I’ve been trying to find a more secure place to park.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I get paid to go home empty. I'm getting paid $100 extra for them not getting me home this weekend. They claimed I should be home 3 out of 4 weeks. They will pay drives $100 extra if you don't get home. I'm out more like 3 weeks and get home 1 weekend. They keep paying me $100 to sit at truck stop for 34 hour resets. I'm surprised they don't work on getting me home more. They don't seem to care about the $100 because they don't seem to work to hard to get me home. I'm driving regional.

They are so messed up two weeks ago they said go home. They routed me home, so I get paid for driving home. They booked my truck for 832 miles of loads and deadhead miles to get home. I only had 14 hour of log book time available. I called and told them it don't have enough hours. They said run to your 70 hour limit. Then run the recap hours to get home. I had to call them Sunday to tell them I did not gain any hours. So could not get home. I also couldn't deliver the load I had become I'm out of hours. Crazy dispatchers. But I got my $100 extra pay again for another weekend on the road.

4. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    My company charges drivers mileage if they take the truck home out of route. So it’s okay to take it home at the end of the week.
    But if they go well out of the way to go home during the week they get charged around $1.27 a mile

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Hourly employees don't get paid for driving to/from their job. Why should trucking companies pay drivers to drive to/from home.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.