Dohrn Transfer Linehaul Driver? Central Illinois

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Komissar, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Komissar

Komissar Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Thanks man I appreciate that!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Komissar

Komissar Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Well I took the job and started the day after my last post here. So far everything's been going good,the trucks are a little beat up but that's just the way slip seating is,the trailers however leave much to be desired as they're mostly leftovers from the mega carriers but there's been quite a few newer ones from Pitt Ohio showing up at our terminal. As for management the only person I really deal with is the terminal manager who seems to be a real stand up guy who cares about his drivers.

MidWester and JonJon78 Thank this.
  4. SidewaysBentHalo

SidewaysBentHalo Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Dont be scared to update info periodically to your journey. Program head here at the local college use to work for the Rock Island branch and said they are a good company.

5. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    I put up with it for 18 months and recently walked. Came in one week and was informed most of us were running new, much shorter routes with more wait time as well. And the ops manager essentially told me I was gonna be working the yard and dock more than driving. My last week there I got a whopping 800 miles and a $730 gross. Was called into the office Friday morning to inform me they’d be cutting even more miles and that’d I’d have to drive much further to work so I asked for a resignation form and resigned effective immediately.

Dohrn was the most disorganized company I ever worked for. The culture is absolutely toxic and every day you report to work, the life is completely sucked out of you. The terminals are so outdated as is most of the equipment. Simple things such as printing trip sheets, manifests, BOL’s etc take an eternity because the printers and computers malfunction constantly. The dock guys aren’t provided scanners to scan in the freight, everyone has to write each number down by hand, on the dock and in the office. That’s real efficient and professional lol. I could go on and on about what I saw there and put up with, but honestly I’m just glad it’s over. Just go on Indeed or similar sites and read the negative reviews on this company, they are absolutely 100% spot on. Wouldn’t recommend anyone go work for them, it’s really not worth it. When the $ went out the door, so did I.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.