Don’t like Electronic logs? You afraid you wont be able to donate time?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Thatonenewguy, May 29, 2017.

1. Thatonenewguy

Thatonenewguy Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2017
    Unless you are a tweaker that just loves to work around the clock, isn’t 60 or 70 hours a week enough work. If it’s not enough why not complain about your pay, why not strike against low wages until you can pay your bills working 40 hours a week.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Ain't got nothin' to do with pay or wages. I do fine in that area. It's got everything to do with being able to get the job done.

nikmirbre, Hulld, QuietStorm and 11 others Thank this.
  4. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    I'm not against electronic logs...I'm against the amount of pay that will be missing from my check each week. I know that falls back on my company, and that is what I'm not looking forward to. If they can't get their act together and figure it out, I'll go somewhere else.

*Woops* Didn't see this was the Owner/op section.

Oxbow and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  5. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Truckers are the only people that will lie so they can work more hours. You

6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Wondering why YOU'RE losing pay. When everyone else is making MORE.

I was making less also. So i moved on. I don't see any way in the world ANYone can make more. Except those that weren't making anything to begin with.

7. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Seriously, the elogs threads started to pop up everyday day now.

8. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    What's strange? Is it not the highest time? I still don't exactly know what's really required; a smart phone app hooked up via Bluetooth with ECM or something rather ala Qualcomm crap. I bet 99%of DOT weigh stations personnel has no idea either.
    I mean I wish I did see some more technical discussions, not so much philosophy at this point.

carramrod32 Thanks this.
  9. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Yep, all these threads discuss everything, but technical details

10. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Exactly. I generally only work 40-50 hours per week, and really only 2-3 non-consecutive days of hard running per week. The "in between" days are typically only 45-50 miles...run to town, deliver the back haul, grab my next load out, and go back home. Then it's a day that potentially bumps the 14 again, occasionally requiring the use of the 16 hour exception to make the delivery, grab my back haul, and make it home again. Then another 2-3 hour day running 45-50 miles. Running an ELD lends itself to the possibility that I'll be receiving violations for not shutting down 30 minutes or so from the house if I've already used the 16 hour exception that week, where on paper I can make it work if I need to. Realistically, what will happen is I simply won't run hard anymore unless the 16 hour exception is available to me...because I sure as hell ain't shutting down 30 minutes or so from the house.

11. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    oh im sure there will probably be times where ill just let the e-log yell at me saying im over, then just hope i don't get a safty audit in the next 6mo or a roadside for the next week, like you said ill be ###### if i'm shutting down 30 mins from home

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.