Don’t try this at home....

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Cat sdp, Jul 3, 2020.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Probably found a nice big boulder trying to use an entrance he wasn’t supposed to....

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    It was the first act of aggression by the bollard; you can see the yellow paint on the rear tire. The bumper was the encore.

4. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Or, the moron driver was already too far along. Clearly he hit that bollard hard with his wheels to taco them like that.

I didn't realize "professionals" needed unrelated babysitters to assist them to do something simple like pull straight frickin through a fuel lane.

okiedokie, AModelCat, jcrack08 and 9 others Thank this.
  5. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Gentlemen, and rookies.... well, rookies in particular,

THIS is the proper way to make a right turn. Pull straight out. You’ll have to watch both your trailer wheels in the passenger side mirror, AND your front end in case of on coming traffic. When your trailer wheels reach roughly the point indicated by the red arrow, start turning your steering wheel.

Clearly the knucklehead driving the truck in the video doesn’t know how to do that, and behold the consequences. :rolleyes:

84D0EB37-7547-4ED8-9E9C-0C73F47A7F07.jpeg

not4hire, AModelCat, Rollr4872 and 5 others Thank this.
  6. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    About 12 years ago I was training a rookie, and we switched drivers at our evening fuel stop. As he started the truck up, my words were literally "watch your off-set, it's a tight fit pulling out". Next I know, KABOOOOOOOM! He'd STILL hit the bollard pulling out like a rookie, blew the tire off the rim, and woke up just about everyone at the truck stop. Got a tire guy to come out with an new rim and on the road we went, but I'll never forget how incredibly loud that tire coming off the rim was.

I promise you this maroon driver knew what the problem was, but ran out of ****s to give. Or just plain panicked. Either way, should not be a truck driver.

7. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I’d bet your rookie had no idea what you were even talking about.

8. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Proper if the curb agrees with it and you're only dealing with 4 lane intersections. Everything else you read on the fly. There's been many times I've turned from the incoming lane to the other and just barely missed a pole in the curb. Central Bangor, PA rings a bell.

9. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    The funny part is that there is another thread here asking for the definition of a STEERING WHEEL HOLDER. :D:D

10. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Yeah buddy, we'll never know. Maybe his pet parakeet died at home and he was having a brake down Maybe he dropped his Double Whopper and was trying to get it off the floor while pulling out, maybe his hands were covered in Astroglide as he beat it while trying to escape from the fuel island. Don't judge, hahaha. :p

650cat425 and Gearjammin' Penguin Thank this.
  11. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    The other day I was fueling at a pilot. Just casually observing a truck pull in, caught my attention as he proceeded to park side by side next to a truck, The reason that caught my attention is they were the only two trucks parked in an entire row of parking spaces. I mean most of us would leave a space or gap, but OK no big deal. He wants to park right next to the only other truck for a quarter mile, that’s his business. Guy runs in, apparently buy some to eat runs back out and jumped in his truck. I noticed he was in shorts, and wearing flip flops...Figured he might be a newer driver.... guy starts to pull out, and while I’m standing there watching him he immediately starts to turn to his right. Just like you would a car pulling out of a parking spot. And you guessed it, he takes off the entire front end of the truck he decided to park right next to. Literally just ripped the whole front end off. And then proceeded to try and drive off. The guy in the truck that he hit jumped out and chased him down on foot and stopped him before he exited.

I just finished fueling in total amazement of what I just saw.

Lonesome and 650cat425 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.