Donating truck to help firefighters

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by InTooDeep, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Not enough money in it for a lot of companies. I notice the ones who do are usually volunteering or don't care about the money an just want to help.

I know a few years back after a hurricane, the dude driving the big rig filled with water was the most popular an well loved guy on the beach that day. No power, an hot as hell. Was suppose to be a few days before the power would be back. So Harris Teeter an Food Lion donated truck loads of water.

Doesn't seem like a big thing til your the poor ####### stuck in a flooded area with only dirty/contaminated water around. lol.

Again though..much respect to those who donate their time or help in other ways during these kind of events. Says a lot about a person's character.

An I hope you Cali folks get that fire under control. I may pick on Cali but I wish no harm to anyone there.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Fire good when it makes you a steak. Fire bad when it destroys everything around you.

InTooDeep Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Thanks. It's been a bad year. Some of my family's ranch land burned but we didn't lose any buildings or people so we were lucky.
    My wife's parents lost their home in Redding but they got out alright. They're in their 90s, tougher than hell, and already planning on building again.
    The scary part is that, as a rule, the worst of fire season runs clear into October. I say "worst" because we have fires all year around now.

InTooDeep and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.