Don't Even Give Them a Chance

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Elcheese, Apr 13, 2018.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Ya'll got a lot more patience than I. If I got dicked around like that I'd make sure they used up that $1000 "abandonment" fine trying to locate their truck (which would be in about 7 different locations :p).

Veryblessed Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Ah the memories of driving for a crapper.

Veryblessed Thanks this.
  4. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Congratulations and the absolute best of luck at KKW Trucking. God bless you and your entire family!

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

Veryblessed Thanks this.
  5. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Panther expedited .... sounds like my time with Panther. There is crappy then just down right criminal.

bdkilgore and Veryblessed Thank this.
  6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I remember when I quit them, I was out in California and needed to get back to Tennessee. I didn't tell them anything. If you tell them you need to go home, or get to a terminal close to home, they send you in the opposite direction. They dispatched me on a load to Montgomery AL from somewhere near the Fontana yard. I can't remember the exact city. I got under the load and drove it to the Birmingham AL yard. I had my girlfriend at the time come from Nashville to pick me up since I lived in Murfreesboro at the time. I cleaned it out and told them I quit, and went on to Builders Transportation. With companies like that sometimes you have to beat them at their own game. They get shady, so you do the same in return. I don't have anything on my record about quitting under dispatch, maybe because I brought the load the majority of the way.

Veryblessed Thanks this.
  7. TheDocNocturnal

TheDocNocturnal Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Wow I work for Western Express who is or was your DM wish I would read this before I came here low miles and low pay doing van .26 cents a mile

bryan21384 and Veryblessed Thank this.
  8. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I was on the flatbed side. At first I was dispatched out of Phoenix. Jim was my DM, then I got switched to Birmingham and Peggy was my DM, I think they did away with Phoenix

9. TheyCallMeDave

TheyCallMeDave Heavy Load Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Tejas
    Man, eff all that nonsense. I give you kudos for your patience, but the moment they started dicking me around and not getting me to the nearest terminal, I would of filled that sucker up with fuel and DH all the way to Nashville without an ounce of apprehension. "MOST" of these companies don't give a #### about you when it really comes down to it, so why should you? At least you got out of there and good luck at the new company.

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    No. Drive the #### thing 500 miles to Nashville. It's about a 80 gallon fuel burn. At 3.00 it's going to be a 250 cash fill after that run. Keep the receipt. SO when they try to collect, it's proof that you bought it that day before the Nashville gaurdshack time stamped your arrival.

When Staff or DM or dispatchers WAFFLE, HEM, HAW and stall... eff it. Move in. And be quick.

You have bent over backwards saying all but yell I QUIT while dancing on top of the Boss's Desk in his office in tights Sherwood Forest style. They already have a idea you want out. Get the truck into Nashville. Set the fuelcard, keys and permit books etc on the dispatchers desk, clean it and leave. Make your own way home.

You have to be decisive. You sound fearful. DAC in it's almighty BS Paper Tiger Glory aint gonna hurt you.

Frankly I don't know why (GENERALIZATION, NOT YOU SPECIFICALLY) our finest young ones are so fearful at doing anything associated with moving to another trucking job, Quitting or whatever. Are you living in fear?

Come on. Spine up and march. Or drive rather. ACTION is what clubs the DM into wiping stars from his vision and try to clear the knot on his dense head to understand yes. This driver is QUITTING. NOW. Everything else is BS, lost motion, stalling etc. There is a whole busload coming to the company to replace YOU already.

OUT. And be quick about it. No matter what, be polite. Be nice. And gtfo that property asap and move on to your next company.

In my day we used to threaten to leave the whole #### thing blocks from Yankee stadium at the project torwers in the Bronx. Tell the company they have two problems. Get someone flown out to NYC to catch the truck before it is stripped and set on blocks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.