DONT RUIN YOUR LIFE BY INVOLVING YOURSELF OR LOVDED ONE WITH THIS COMPANY

Discussion in 'TWT' started by michelle123, Jul 18, 2016.

1. michelle123

michelle123 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2016
    This is by far the worst trucking company my family and I have experienced. They treat their drivers worse than the concrete the trucks drive on. The driver's safety is the LAST thing on their mind. As long as THEIR loads and shipments are being made, they could NOT care less if the driver is alive POST shipment delivery. My father was involved in an equipment malfunction in which the breaks overheated which resulted in a complete fire of the full 53 foot semi and total loss (which was in NO WAY the driver's fault). TWT terminated his employment and is NOT willing to reimburse him for his personal belongings that were in the vehicle nor his emotional and mental distress. if you at all value your family member's well-being and health DO NOT allow them to engage in employment with this company..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Sorry to hear that.

michelle123 Thanks this.
  4. michelle123

Jul 18, 2016
    I appreciate that.. I want other individuals considering this company for employment to please reconsider. Not worth potentially losing a loved one and involving themselves with a company that does not care about their employees.

5. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Posting in one thread is enough. You have posted in several threads about the same subject.

How did his brakes suddenly "overhead" and catch fire?

mitmaks and Milkman719 Thank this.
  6. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    So his brakes were dragging and smoking, he didn't look in his mirrors for quite some time, he didn't have his CB on or care to bother to turn his head and wonder why drivers were honking at him, or he went down a mountain in too high a gear...
    Renters or home owners insurance will cover the personal items in the truck, minus the deductible that he chose.
    Nor did he do a pre trip.. If he knew the brakes were so bad he could have filled out a dvir and put the trailer out of service.
    And what's the full name of this terrible company?? Is it Tidewater?

7. michelle123

Jul 18, 2016
    Brakes overheat two times in a matter of 24 hours? His brakes were just replaced by a shop. That route is his main route that he has constantly driven approximately 200 times prior to this incident. The one week that he has a loaner vehicle his brakes fault 2 times in 24 hours? Hmmmm.. Not too sure how the road signs or any of that could have helped the situation. NO there were no smoke or rubber burning either. Prior to this incident there was a minor brake fire the night before as well

8. michelle123

Jul 18, 2016
    They are called TW Transport; A Trans-system company.

tucker Thanks this.
  9. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    So why did he drove after the first brake fire? Does he not know how to adjust his brakes?

iledbett Thanks this.
  10. michelle123

Jul 18, 2016
    Well, if a certified truck stop shop states to him that all is fine, replaced, repaired, and ready to go why would he not believe them and continue on his regular route?

11. michelle123

Jul 18, 2016
    This is a forum in which I am free to post and/or reply to as many relevant threads as I would like.. You most definitely do not have to respond to any :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.