DONT RUIN YOUR LIFE BY INVOLVING YOURSELF OR LOVDED ONE WITH THIS COMPANY

Discussion in 'TWT' started by michelle123, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    It's unfortunate that he lost his personal belongings, but I agree that the company is not entirely to blame here, at least based on what you are telling us. When a shop signs off on a repair, it is still up to the driver to properly inspect the vehicle. Even when my own company mechanics work on my truck, I still check it out when they are done to make sure they didn't accidentally forget something. Chances are the shop messed something up or maybe put the wrong parts on, who knows, but once the driver inspects it and signs off on it, it's pretty much on him. It sucks but that's the way it is.

NavigatorWife and Eeyore05 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    1. Were you there?
    2. You are posting 2nd hand information? Meaning you are posting what was passed one-sided to you.
    3. Why is you father not on here posting instead of you?
    4. What was his weight?
    5. What was the posted truck speed?
    6. Was the fire on the trailer or tractor?

drvrtech77 and Rugerfan Thank this.
  4. michelle123

michelle123 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2016
    Thank you for your respectful post. Yeah, that makes sense and it is quite unfortunate.

5. ZhenyaP1991

ZhenyaP1991 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2014
    It'd not the company then. Just a sh1tty truck, that needed good 15 min per trip. We had a driver jump out of a truck on the mountain couple weeks ago. Destroyed it, conpletly. You not going to blame the company for that. Will you? Or maybe u will. Who knows

6. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    The reason we are having such a hard time believing what you are saying is that you can not even get your story straight.

First off we need to know what kind of trailer he was pulling... Dry van, refer, container, tanker etc.

Second you first stated it was a brake fire and now you say middle compartment. Which is it?

third you assume that three loud pops are the airbag under the trailer. Hate to tell you this but you only get one loud pop with an airbag. It is basically a really thick balloon.

When you get your panties unbunched and get the facts straight, please come back and see if we can help.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  7. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    It was a reefer

8. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Who replaced them? The company shop or who?

9. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Ok now it is a BBQ. Center compartment is what caught my attention.

Brakes heat up and damage the seals on the axles which in turn leak onto the shoes and that is what actually catches fire. Brakes do not just spontaneously combust. They are made from a material that does not burn like that. They have to be. Do truck brakes still have asbestos in them?

Brakes do smoke long before they catch fire. Probably had a brake sticking on one set of duals. You can still tell when you go to shift that the speed drops quicker than normal.

Sounds to me that daddy is not the driver you make him out to be. And mental anguish? What a bunch of #########. There is nothing in this world that says you have the right to not be sad. Tough luck happens, it has happened to me. How you react is what determines your character.

10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
  11. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.