Don't work for Britton they're not what they say

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by beachin, Dec 26, 2017.

1. beachin

beachin Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Buckeye, AZ
    No, I clarified that he is getting .53 in 6 months and what it is until then. He was offered .53. But whatever if someone is totally honest and spells it all out because they have a keyboard rather then their phone to type on than all credibility is gone. Whatever. You can feel that way if you like. But curious, someone with no credibility? Why bother to answer that question. You people can be so uptight sometimes. Relax!

He can go any speed limit so if he is going 70 miles per hour how does that work out? How, if that is the case was he ever able to do 3500 at 65 mph when he gets to his drop and has to wait 3 hours and then another 2-3 at the next pick up. I don't claim to know how to calculate that out but it has to be possible if he has been able to do 3500 in his current situation. He tells me about getting some hours back after so many. I don't pay that much attention to that because I don't really need to. I just listen while he talks it through.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    I just facepalmed a concussion. Nothing anyone says to this person is going to help at all. Good luck and i'm out.

Dumdriver Thanks this.
  4. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    I stopped reading to, but honestly, I do wish them well. 700 miles every day, day in and day out, has to be BRUTAL!

Either way, changing jobs is stressful, so I hope it works out for them.

MrEd Thanks this.
  5. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    Beachin, I am sorry your experience at Britton has not been as positive as mine has been. I've been here 6 years. Is every day fun? Nope! But every company has days that aren't fun. All I can say is good luck at your new company. Good luck in particular with that 4000 mile promise. I've been trucking 25 years, and I know 4k average is not only a suspiciously large promise, its an incredibly difficult accomplishment. That company would be paying over 100k a year. They probably would not be hiring too many drivers. They would just be replacing retirees, for the most part. Lucky break getting in there.

speedyk and ladr Thank this.
  6. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    Beachin, just keep in mind that while he has done 3500 in a 65 mph truck in a week, you stated he has not averaged that. And while he can get 4000 miles some weeks, he will not average that. Often times the grass is only greener on the other side of the fence because it is fertilized with BS. Some of these people in this tread have been a little harsh to you IMHO. But they are largely correct, if not as tactful as they could be. Those companies with the big pie in the sky promises generally do not pan out. If they did, they would not ever need to advertise. Their own drivers would get their friends on there, and you'd never hear about them hiring. I think you were as harsh with your opinion of Britton as I was with my opinion of my first company. I, after spending many years in this industry, realize many of the things I didnt like there, and left them for, where in some ways my own fault. Anyway, good luck, and take care.

7. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    I get on great here. They treat me well, pay me well, and get me home pretty much when I want to be. This company works for me, amd I know of many other drivers who are happy here too. A number of them who have been here a lot longer than my 6 years.

speedyk, ladr and SHOJim Thank this.
  8. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    This is exactly what I've been trying to hammer home to these young drivers all along
    ...All trucking companies will promise you the moon and be your best bud to get you into their equipment , why ? Because without drivers they don't have a job . but the real problem is ; none of them want to pay the driver but the driver is a necessary evil.
    Look hard before stepping in because you can't be sure what you're stepping into .

9. beachin

Oct 10, 2013
    Buckeye, AZ
    Thanks for your comments. I hear what you are saying. It's not a perfect job for everyone. Not everyone wants a small company or to do that many miles. I'm not saying he will get that many miles every week. They are available. Yes, I was harsh with Britton. That's probably because I am also upset. We really like Britton. But, there have been some lies. The biggest when he was hired in two things he was told. One, we can't get you home as often as all our guys because of where you live but we can get you home every three weeks. Two, We will start you off at .xx per mile and you'll get an increase in a year. Well, they are having a hard time getting him home. He is at the top of his rate now. There is nowhere to go money wise. I am also upset because his resume isn't a toy. Nor is his time and experience. It reflects him in a big way and had we been given the full truth we may have chosen one of the other 3 offers at the time. At least is we had been told the truth I and he wouldn't be upset now on top of the other things going on. The biggest of which, well, actually I'm not sure, I think they both weigh. Once again he won't be home when he was told he will, and the miles and sitting around and paychecks are not cutting it. And, you have to understand. He has not been demanding or crappy with them at all. He isn't like that. He is very well liked. He got a call from some head guy today, Natalie was out. He asked him to think about it and to stay.

The company that he is entertaining an offer with has not given him any big pie in the sky promises or tried to sugar coat anything. The company also advertised for about 2 days. They only have 7 trucks and this one is brand new, purchased to add another driver. Again, neither of us really want him to leave. But at this point, we don't' see a reason to stay.

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  10. beachin

Oct 10, 2013
    Buckeye, AZ
    He doesn't have to drive that many. He can do the miles that he wants. Again, you people are really narrow-minded, don't read what is said or just like to be dicks.

11. beachin

Oct 10, 2013
    Buckeye, AZ
    One last time. The company is not hiring too many drivers. They are a small company. Also, they are less than a mile up the street in a very rural city. That helps. He does not have to drive 4000 miles a week. They are there if he can an wants to. The owner of the company is driving. He has not been promised the moon. He's only been promised that he won't be micromanaged and that the miles are there if he wants them. And, as far as a young driver. He has 30 months current experience but he has 4 years on top of that. So, he isn't really that green. Granted he hasn't been driving for 20 years either but he has been running heavy equipment, everything from a MI-JACK GANTRY CRANE OPERATOR to sandblasting, lots of government and industrial work. He's a hard worker, he's smart, respectful and very safe. He's also in his 50's so again, not a young kid. For him to make 90-100k is what we were shooting for. In a year or two, the plan is to have his own truck and continue working there. With the new tax laws, it's the only thing to do.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.