DOT FOODS - MT SRTERLING, IL. New Beginnings

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by GL1800, Jul 13, 2016.

1. GL1800

GL1800 Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    Day two of orientation completed. A lot of paperwork and information, two days in the classroom for the most part so far. Really enjoying the culture and morale of DOT FOODS employees. I have never seen so many genuinely happy people in a workplace setting in my two previous jobs I've had in my lifetime. Training is thorough, the goal is success, NOT failure. Enjoying this new chapter every day!

GregH65 and Pintlehook Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GL1800

GL1800 Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    Day three done, more paperwork. Toured the trailer shop and wash bay today. I'm impressed with the morale and personality of everyone I meet at DOT. I've never worked around so many happy people who respect each other, greet each other, and help each other any way they can. I'm happy that I found DOT and was hired by them. Looking forward to a great career at DOT FOODS. New Beginnings, the best is yet to come.

Pintlehook Thanks this.
  4. GL1800

GL1800 Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    Day four done in orientation. Procedures and instruction, can't wait to actually do everything being taught. I believe it will be easier to understand after doing all the delivery processes. Happy with the opportunity at DOT FOODS to have a great career and enjoy my work.

5. ricomexico

ricomexico Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2016
    I'm in trucking school at JWCC right now. I've been with Dot Foods 6 years in the warehouse, now heading over to the trucking side of the business.

6. GL1800

GL1800 Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    Best wishes, ricomexico! Great place to work for.

7. GL1800

GL1800 Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    First week of orientation done, one more week to go, then training with a trainer. Enjoyed my first week, want to complete week # 2 and get on the road learning the job hands on. Chilaxin over the weekend, safe miles everyone!

8. GL1800

GL1800 Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    Day six of orientation complete. Paperwork and videos on procedures. 4 different types of lift truck certification done today. Four more days to go then driver training begins. No regrets, thankful to be employed by DOT. I've a lot to learn yet but this is going to be fun! Safe miles everyone.

9. ricomexico

ricomexico Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2016
    I've got all of my forklift certs completed but since ill still be taking the two week orientation again, when i transfer over i'm pretty sure ill be taking them all over again.

10. GL1800

GL1800 Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    Day seven complete. More information on policy, procedure, and process in the classroom today. 3 more days of training and then driver road training. Got assigned a road trainer today and an idea of training area for first dispatch. Living the dream, new beginnings! Safe miles to everyone!

11. GL1800

GL1800 Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    Day eight complete of orientation. Studied the SMITH system today. Two more days of orientation then driver training for 6-8 weeks. Having fun and enjoying this new chapter in my life. New Beginnings. Safe miles everyone.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.