DOT now checking Qualcomm?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by soon2betrucking, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

True, but do you know which ones are and which ones are not?

I saw on tv where they had installed a computer reader for the plates as the truck enters the ramp. If the plate is not readable, the truck is called in to the static weigh.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jerezxp7

jerezxp7 Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2007
    oregon
    I think some of you good ol boy drivers that can drive from 6am to midnight with the hammer down are missing the point the hos rules were not just established to annoy owner ops they were established so companys could not be making their drivers burn themselves with ciggeretts to stay awake. I cant understand why someone would complain they are not allowed to work more then 14 hours a day or 70 a week how about pay me well enough to where I don't have to work like a peasant.

4. jerezxp7

jerezxp7 Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2007
    oregon

It could be the laws were made so companys could not make their drivers start at 6am and drive until midnight, Im not big on bringing back the jimmy Hoffa days how about pay me enough to where I can put in a good days work without killing myelf or anyone else.

Boardhauler Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.