Dot physical

Discussion in 'Millis' started by oneroad, Feb 18, 2019.

1. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    But that doesn’t mean any company has to accept it.
    That doesn’t mean a company can’t have the driver take a new physical at a doctor of their choosing.
    Why would the op care if Millis paid for him to take a new physical unless he knows he cannot pass it?
    Why would it matter ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I had a Covenant Doctor Fail me despite a current week out audiology chart showing my natural hearing and the corrected hearing down to and below DOT requirements, just like someone wearing corrective glasses.

The doctor rejected it.

I brought them to court and also FMCSA was brought in to decide.

When the battle was over and the smoke cleared, I was told one simple thing. Any Trucking Company or any Employer actually in the United States cannot discriminate, however they CAN CHOOSE to have STRICTER requirements than just baseline DOT requirements.

I would maybe have a little thunder about Covenant professing to follow the Word and all that, but that has no place here not with this problem. There is smoke and wind in blathering BS spewed in orientation versus what the Doctor decides who stays or who goes based on internal requirements deeper than DOT.

If I knew this before hand, I would have crossed them off and gone Paving. Eventually I did, delayed by a month due to this storm in the legal and DOT arena.

Companies do not tell people whats really bedrock important before they are shipped to Orientation. Then they wonder why they are kicked out and sent home. WHAT a waste.

That has to stop. And frankly I don't know what it will take to make it happen.

4. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Also does not take away from the drivers right to say no and walk away. Because some of the companys do not play by DOT rules for what ever reasons, For instance PRIME, if a driver is over weight they will certainly send them out for a sleep study at the drivers expense.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.