Double Logs & Weigh Stations in California.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Leon Phelps III, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I have been running in CA for 30+ years have never had CA check my logs with another state. Do not believe in running 2 logbooks, it will get you hung somewhere. Just remeber whats at stake. Do not ever operate your tractor when your tired, or your son may never see again. You think he would rather see you later or not at all. Use you common sense, do not put yourself and your family and the public at risk if you fall asleep or blink for a minute it not going to be worth it. And remeber when your telling yourself Im ok now, no your not. Park It tomorrow is another day.

Be Safe, the goal is we all get home in one piece.

Tonythetruckerdude Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    And what happens the next time you need to cook the books if you get away with it this time?

4. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    If you really have to do it I would get good with a map and figure out my way around the scale house. of course there are a couple you wont be able to get around depending on what direction you are headed

5. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    I got my information from the State of California.
    I am a licensed scale master in WA,OR and CA. I just renewed my license in CA and there was new information I needed to go over including what I posted. The target date to be in operation is July 1. Presently, I understand the Siskiyou POE is linked to Ashland.
    OR, WA and ID have been linked for a couple years now.
    There are plenty of ways to catch you now, like others said...fuel tickets, tolls, license plates recorded, etc.
    With the new system (and as it now operates in OR), all the stations are linked and if you pass thru a point sooner than you're suppose to, you can be cited. There is a margin of grace. I don't know what it is, however one of my contacts in WA says it's 4mph. So if you pass a scale house and show you averaged more than 59mph in OR, you'll be directed in and your log book checked and you may be cited.
    Big brother is getting better and better at catching cheats.

tow614 Thanks this.
  6. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Geez sounds awful risky. Does company know your co-driver skipped town? Do they know you dont have the drive hours to make it home legally? Do you have enough fuel now?Will your company narc on you? Cant you just have them drop off a fresh team driver to power back your truck?Or better yet leave it there if your not under a load and just fly home. You might be able to risk everything and actually get away with but I wouldnt doubt getting caught.Youre the driver,your call,just saying sounds risky nowadays anyway with all this hi-tech world. Youll be screwed if you have a fender bender.Too risky. Just my opinion,good luck.

7. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    Another reason to leaving trucking and find a better job. "Big brother" can drive his own truck for all I care.

8. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    Why do you need to be home Friday for your son? I realize it's Friday and so this might have come and gone, but I'm curious. The trucking industry really doesn't care when you need or want to be home, so if you're finding you need to be home for your son, and you're not getting there when you need to, then this industry might not be for you.

9. Pmracing

Pmracing Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Purity Of Essence???

Name that movie quote.

Mikeeee

10. TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    WA takes a pic of your license plate, open or closed and whether or not you go in. A closed Oregon scale records nothing, even if you have the box(at least, as recently as 1 week b4 Christmas 2013). CA always gives me the green light on my prepass box.

A word to the wise though. Get some 3M Velcro (like you see on the EZ pass boxes) for your prepass box. If a scale is closed, they don't need to know when you were there.

But if you take it out of the window to not be recorded? Put it behind your back. It can still be read in the door, on the floor, or even back in the bunk.

11. TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Befriending some Eastern European drivers can also be invaluable, in many ways.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.