DPF regeneration fumes, harmful to your health???

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by truckerdave1970, Jun 15, 2009.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We rode fixit buses in the late 60's and 70's the driver talked very well block by block with revelant news. A form of internet in our time. 10 cents thank you very much off you go in Preston Circle downtown Baltimore.

My god those were GOOD buses back then. They always managed to dive for the corner to collect people if there was only 2 car spaces to get out. A bit of hammer and next block. Collect or let out more.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tony S

Tony S Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2019
    Dive in, keep the back end out.

XxdiggitxX Thanks this.
  4. XxdiggitxX

XxdiggitxX Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2019
    USA
    @Tony S I am very saddened to have read this. Very inappropriate on their part. You have a good heart sir and I hope everything turns in your favor.
    - I ended up in this thread by google searching "burnt smell during diesel regeneration, headaches"

5. IL Silverado

IL Silverado Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2020
    And it’s not only big rigs now. I just recently purchased a Chevy Silverado with a 6 cylinder diesel and the regeneration cycle can start at any time usually every 300 miles or so. The smell in the cabin is terrible like a hot iron I can only imagine what crap we are breathing in.

bzinger Thanks this.
  6. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Okay, lets see, they have known asbestos is bad for our health how many years, they used it in Baby powder for how many decades? Now we have the farmers forced to use this great new technology, where are those particles ending up when they do the burn?

7. truckedit22

truckedit22 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2022
    Anybody else having issues with musty,toxic smells coming out heater vents while trying to sleep in sleeper.
    company seems to avoid any conversation that it could be faulty dpf system.

8. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    If those smells were toxic.. then you wouldn't be posting .. or your Literally a ghost writter..

9. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    A musty smell can be mold. Various health issues come from inhaling mold depending on the type ranging from simple breathing issues to death.

Maybe a leak letting water get in your air system or water built up in it due to a plugged drain when using your AC.

truckedit22 Thanks this.
  10. truckedit22

truckedit22 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2022
    Its like a blowby and regen smell,except its not doing a regen.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.