DRD Motorsports Inc. - Mt Clemens, Mi.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Pur48Ted, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Please don't. Your "extensive experience" apparently didn't include looking up and noticing that the boat was wider than the trailer at it's top. Missing that little detail hardly leaves you in a position to hang out your shingle as a hauler of oversized loads. Stick to the regular sizes and dimensions if you would.

As a matter of fact, I have never once in my life hauled an over dimensional load that I couldn't see in my mirrors that it was clearly oversized. I see regular loads in my mirrors all the time, and that kind of makes the big ones stand out in my mind.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    If you don't like this thread, you REALLY don't have read it, or even post here. Unless someone is twisting your arm.

4. Pur48Ted

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    You have to consider that when I picked the load up (loaded trailer) and started for DRD Motorsports, it was 10:30pm and in an UNLIT parking lot. I had already worked all day around my house then drove 200 miles (to Mt Clemens, MI) and was tired. But I DID notice the next day and DID call David Derderian, and based on our discussion, I should have parked the truck at the nearest scale and went back home. I ADMITTED that I was wrong for that.
    Much to my dishonor I DID NOT do what would have been the "RIGHT" thing to do. But as I have stated, it never happened again.

5. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

So your employers advice was that you should have done it correctly. Not to push on through, or ignore the need for permits or anything like that. Doesn't sound like the same David you have been ranting about. Are you sure that you called the right phone number. I am sure that you still have the phone records, or even a taped copy of the conversation.....

6. Pur48Ted

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    As I have stated several times HE DEMANDED that I take the load anyway, MUCH TO MY DISHONOR, I did just that. BUT it NEVER happened again. THAT (along with the arguments to VIOLATE HOS Rules) were a constant point of contention between the both of us. HIM telling me TO, and ME telling him I WOULD NOT.

7. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

But you just stated, in your own words I might add, that he told you you should have parked it at the scale and handled the problem later. Sounds to me like he handled his end of it in a reasonable and professional manner.

8. Pur48Ted

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    You will notice that at some point just before you posted, I edited my original post because the one particular sentence you question is UNCLEAR. I added a couple words to clear up any possible misunderstanding. What I MEANT TO SAY WAS:
    I emphasized the correction by using bold words.
    Hope that clears it up for you.

9. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Well, I am still a bit confused how an oversized load can be behind you and you not be able to notice it from your mirrors. Even at night, it would be clearly visible to anyone lookin back in the mirrors.

Not that it matters to me a whole heck of a lot. Any seriousness to this thread died at least 12-13 pages ago, and I am solely in it for the humor effect. It's turning into a great humor post, but it has little or nothing to do with the real world of trucks or trucking.

10. Pur48Ted

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Well, I doubt that you are here seeking "fun and games" unless your idea of fun is to attempt to lure others into getting angry and mouthing off at you. But; unfortunately it doesn't work with me. I don't get excited about such banalities. In fact it bores me to no end.
    You can stay in your state of confusion as far as I am concerned. I dont really see any profit in discussing anything more with you about this matter, because you refuse to take anything I say as POSSIBLY being the truth, or even close to it.

11. Duckie

Duckie Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Alabama
    ###### let this beat to death horse die already!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.