Driver Fatally Stabbed After Giving A Ride To Suspect

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    hitched from Jax Fla to Quebec City in '73 after I got out of the service. took about 2 weeks.

got lots of rides ,people bought me dinners, slept on their couches, partied hard.

then headed to Wyoming to see the west.

back then it was a ton of fun, stopped doing that around the late 70's, when people started getting weird.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The_vett

The_vett Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2021
    So Cal / PNW mostly
    Rest In Peace Driver. Hopefully you will be remembered when someone else thinks about picking up a hitchhiker , and doesn't do it.

4. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    At a former company . We had a driver put out of service at a scale because he had a unauthorized passenger in cab .. insurance doesn’t cover anyone without pre approval form

5. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Yes there is a very valid reason why some companies have a very strict no passenger policy.

6. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    Had an old guy ask for a ride I felt bad but I can’t do it man. I got a kid on the way I need my job.

I carry so I don’t worry about my life, just my job security. They’d fire me in an instant if they had to hire a hazmat cleanup crew or seen I had someone in the rig

mjd4277 and The_vett Thank this.
  7. ErikN

ErikN Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Washington state
    It’s terrible, I’ve been to third world countries where hitchhiking is normal and I’ve read about past times where hitchhiking was common and I would love to live in a society where this could be a Normal practice and no one is in danger

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.